cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New price plans

mindracer
Friendly Neighbour

I think the new price plans are outrageous.  I'm an 11-year customer, and for me to upgrade early for a Note 3 (pay a 400$ penalty + the 3yr price of the device), not only pay that huge amount, I'd have to give me up long time plan and double it to practically 100$ a month to keep my 5 gigs data on the "new Telus Share plans"

So, not only would I shell out 700$ upfront, which is fine, my penalty + 299 on a 2yr im sure itll cost, BUT, I have to pay another 50$ a month to go on a new plan, (50$ x 12 months = 600$ more a year).

Outrageous.  Telus, you are going to lose my as a 11-year customer as soon as the Note 3 is out, and everyone around me is aware.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

xray
Hero

Have you considered buying the Note 3 without a contract and selling your old device? That way you can keep your existing plan.

View solution in original post

tsizzle
Leader

If you go to another carrier, your plan will go up just as much to get 5GB of data. As someone else said, if your plan is that important to you, you should buy your device outright.

One thing your math seems to have missed is that you only have a 24 month contract. Say you were paying $65/month before x 36 months = $2360 total and you now have to pay ~$100 x 24 months = $2400 + a new device 1 year earlier.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero

Have you considered buying the Note 3 without a contract and selling your old device? That way you can keep your existing plan.

Agreed seems much better for you. And yeah they have forced me into never signing a contract again because I do not want my bill to double for minuted I will never use.

tsizzle
Leader

If you go to another carrier, your plan will go up just as much to get 5GB of data. As someone else said, if your plan is that important to you, you should buy your device outright.

One thing your math seems to have missed is that you only have a 24 month contract. Say you were paying $65/month before x 36 months = $2360 total and you now have to pay ~$100 x 24 months = $2400 + a new device 1 year earlier.

HTCfan
Friendly Neighbour

Yea, $70 is the minimum for the Note 3 regardless which carrier you go with.... so maybe the best advice is to pay for your own device and keep your current plan that you like 🙂