cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, new phone, transfer phone number

mparkes88
Just Moved In
My husband is switching to Telus and joining my share plan. He has pre-ordered an IPhone and waiting for it to ship. To ensure he can keep his existing phone number when should he cancel his Rogers account? When can the number be transferred to Telus, now or when phone is received and activated?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll have to give 30 days notice to Rogers to cancel service. Ensure the phone number is transferred before the cancellation or he'll lose it.  As for when you can transfer the number I'm not sure. Safe bet would be when the new phone arrives but it may be possible sooner. I'd suggest calling Telus to confirm though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll have to give 30 days notice to Rogers to cancel service. Ensure the phone number is transferred before the cancellation or he'll lose it.  As for when you can transfer the number I'm not sure. Safe bet would be when the new phone arrives but it may be possible sooner. I'd suggest calling Telus to confirm though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks. That's what I thought and what I was going to do. I was just hoping someone may have had a similar experience so I didn't have to call. Lol