Network

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
I activated my sim and still.don't have a network
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

More details would help. What service did you buy (post-paid or pre-paid?) What phone do you have?

Have you made sure data is turned on your phone?

Did you purchase your phone from Telus, or another supplier?

Is talk or text working?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour
Absolutely nothing works. My phone was a telus purchase and I replaced the
sim and activated it but still does not read in my phone and says network
locked in any other telus phone
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The term 'Network Locked" usually means the SIM belongs to a carrier other than that of the phone. For example a Rogers SIM in a Telus phone.

It is possible you have a malfunctioning SIM - it does occur. Possibly you can return to the location where you purchased the SIM and have it assessed or replaced.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour
I'm not dumb please stop insulting as such....How ever I can read and
clearly you cannot. I have a telus phone as well as telus sim card but, as
I feel truly insulted by you after explaining this the first time insured I
will go-to another provider who will actually care when I talk with a reply.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried calling Telus? That would usually be one of the things to try for something like this. It is possible the SIM may be defective or there may have been a problem with activation. Also double check that 3G is enabled on the phone. If it was turned off in the settings by accident, that can cause the phone to fail to connect.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Neighbour
I can't call I have no network.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Either try it with online chat then or borrow a phone. The forums are a place to share and exchange ideas but have absolutely zero connection to user accounts. You'll need to speak with Telus one way or another if the issue is activation related.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂