My Account iOS app missing data summary?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

I've switched to an iPhone 7 Plus for daily use, but I still use my Android device to keep up on that OS (I switch back/forth).  I went to check  the current data usage for my account, and found no summary.  The Android app v4.05 lists summaries for Data, Messaging and Airtime.  Great.  However the latest version of the iOS app, v4.0.0(79) shows only Messaging and Airtime?

Am I missing something?  Has the data summary been moved somewhere I can't locate?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

When I log in to the app I see the billing cycle at the top and just below it I see "Shared Data" which shows the monthly usage. When I click that I see a breakdown by date of the data usage.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The info should be drawn from the same database as powers 'My Account', so you can confirm there!
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

@Nighthawk wrote:

When I log in to the app I see the billing cycle at the top and just below it I see "Shared Data" which shows the monthly usage. When I click that I see a breakdown by date of the data usage.

I assume you're not using an iPhone?  

JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

Here's what I see on Android:

My Account Android.png

And on iOS:

My Account iOS.png

As you can see, the Data summary is missing from iOS.

I can get to a day-by-day breakout, but no monthly total.

JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

@NFtoBC wrote:
The info should be drawn from the same database as powers 'My Account', so you can confirm there!

I know I can go through the mobile website, but that's far less convenient.

Hopefully this is just an oops in the iOS app that will be corrected.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm using an iPhone 7. My iOS version looks similar to the Android screenshot you posted. Maybe delete and reinstall the app on iOS?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
SmokeJV
Advisor

You haven't mentioned this already, but have you tried logging out of your account on iOS and logging back in? 

Perhaps that will reconnect the Data indicator.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Mine looks like this just now!  ;-(

IMG_1747.PNG

NFtoBC
JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

Well, I've logged out and back in; uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no change.  I also dug out my old iPhone 6S, updated the app on it -- same results.  Odd.  

I wonder if it could be related to the fact that I have an older grandfathered plan that is no longer on the books.  Though it still shows correctly on the Android app.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it shows on one, it should show up on the other. Possible bug. What plan are you on? 🙂

@NFtoBC - Did you break your app again? 😉 Mine still shows all my usage details.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk

I must be holding it wrong.

Definitely not working for me. Have restarted the App, restarted the phone, and re-installed the App, and get the same result.

Interestingly, although I did not choose the Remember Me option, my login survived a restart of the phone. Shouldn't have.

NFtoBC
JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

@Nighthawk wrote:

If it shows on one, it should show up on the other. Possible bug. What plan are you on? 🙂

@NFtoBC - Did you break your app again? 😉 Mine still shows all my usage details.

It's a plan from about 5 (6?) years ago "Voice & Data65".

I just had my wife install the app and log in on her iPhone 7.  Same results as my iPhone.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NFtoBC wrote:

Interestingly, although I did not choose the Remember Me option, my login survived a restart of the phone. Shouldn't have. 

Actually, now that you mention it, I noticed the same thing... 

@ScottyJ

Dimo-X

Hi @JohnDW that's an interesting find. If you can, please post it as a request in the ideas section of the forum at http://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/Ideas_TEST and/or let the Tech Support team know by chatting with them at www.telus.com/chat ! They might be able to investigate this or log a ticket for it. Or, lot's of "Or"s, as you said it will probably get ironed out in future releases! lol 

JohnDW
Friendly Neighbour

@Dimo-X wrote:

Hi @JohnDW that's an interesting find. If you can, please post it as a request in the ideas section of the forum at http://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/Ideas_TEST and/or let the Tech Support team know by chatting with them at www.telus.com/chat ! They might be able to investigate this or log a ticket for it. Or, lot's of "Or"s, as you said it will probably get ironed out in future releases! lol 

I've already submitted feedback from the app.  Advised Support as well.  Apparently it's a known issue after all; a fix is in the works.  And Yes, it's because I'm on an grandfathered plan.

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.

SmokeJV
Advisor
I see there was a update to the iOS app today. Did that fix your issue with displaying your data bar?
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Hasn't changed my experience.
NFtoBC