Mobility account suspended

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
DIM
Organizer

I switched from Rogers to Telus and after being ported I received an email from Telus that the newly created account is due for cancellation on the month end. This is weird as it has been created just in that moment and now being cancelled. I have no phone to use for 3 days now. Telus did a check to my credit history and they don't see any problem with it. I also have Home services with Telus and we just decided to switched from Rogers after 10 years since we want to have all our services in one provider. It seems that I did a wrong move.

Community Power User
Community Power User

There is little this group of volunteers can do for you. Best to connect with Telus directly to address this. You can use the chat feature from your computer at the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page, if you don't have phone service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
DIM
Organizer
I already talked to one of the representatives but all she can say is she has no information with my account and she cannot help me. I have been calling since Sunday and they all have same script which is to wait for at least 24 to 48 hours. Both my wife and my numbers were unusable now for almost 4 days. It is so frustrating as I am using my number for my work. Need to share my experience to others so they will think nth times before doing the same thing as I did.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mobility_Princess - Can you help?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
DIM
Organizer

Thanks Nighthawk. Still no update with my service. I really have no idea until when I need to wait. I will never ever deal with Telus again.

Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

None of this sounds correct. There's only a couple reasons your brand new account will be cancelled immediately after being ported from Rogers.

1.) If there is a fraud hit. At which time when you call in the team members will tell you the reason is for fraud you need to provide 2 pieces of photo id faxed to the fraud department at  1-866-956-4844 or 416-279-8280. It then takes 3-5 business days for them to process the documents you have faxed in. You can have a store complete the process but, they almost never do it correctly. Now the fraud hit doesn't always means you've done something or are a sketchy person. A lot of people put a note on their credit file if they have lost their wallet or had issues before and forget to ever have this removed. Sometimes you need to call a specific landline or alternative number for that person and if they have moved or no longer have that number then the account would have to be cancelled. However, anyone at Telus should be able to tell you what's going on if you can authenticate the account. 

2.) The other reason is if you were not the account holder of the number that you ported. Which is a civil matter that comes up from time to time. Particularly during divorces. Husband is the account owner and the wife ports her number to another provider. He finds out and demands to have his number ported back. Being the account holder on Rogers he can do this. If there's no other contact number for the original person who created the Telus account we would have no way to tell them what's happening. This shouldn't result in a cancelled account though with no one willing to talk to you. That usually means it's been flagged for fraud. 

3.)There is another option which is that the person who created the account was assessed the credit limit program. Meaning they can't owe more than $200 or $250. Being it's less than 30 days old, that person would have to rack up a lot of long distance charges, data charges or other unbilled charges triggering them to go over the cap. If this happened then the might immediately be flagged for fraud since it's a brand new account. However, all this should be noted. Because it's flagged though, we can't discuss the account. Only tell the person to go to store or wait until fraud has gotten a hold of them who will give them a credit quiz to determine if this is really that individual. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
DIM
Organizer
Thanks Moblity_Princess. How would it be a fraud hit if the Rogers account is being ported to Telus by accredited resellers? I am the account holder of the rogers account as well as the new Telus account. In the first place Telus should not allow porting if they will just suspend it and make the number unusable. I have no other contact numbers as both mine and my wife numbers were ported at the same time under one account. Telus asked me my ID's at that moment so I sent for verification. Telus didn't told me the exact reason for suspension.
Community Power User
Community Power User

The fraud hit would usually be coming from your credit report / history.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
DIM
Organizer
Hi Nighthawk,
How could it be coming from my credit report/history if no credit check is made yet? The Telus account was suspended right after our Rogers numbers were ported to Telus. As in instant and no wait. It is a store who created my Telus account and in the middle of transaction after porting our numbers it gives him message to call telus customer care. He immediately called the number and asked what the message is all about. Telus just told him that the account was suspended by their system and nothing he can do. I did asked also if it is possible to cancel the transaction and ported it back to Rogers and told me that it is not possible. I don't understand why it is not possible since the account is not activated yet. The weird thing is the email confirmation that I received on that same moment that the account was cancelled and due until the end of this month but in reality it is really not in service.
Community Power User
Community Power User

When I first ported my number from Rogers to Telus, a credit check was done on me as part of the process. To my knowledge I believe it's common for all carriers when you aren't going on pre-paid service. As for what information the stores see and when, that I can't say since I'm not a Telus employee. I know where I work, for a financial company, even a soft hit on someone's credit will still bring a fraud / identity theft warning very quick and we have to go much more in depth with the customer to verify everything is good. Have you checked your credit information recently?

DIM
Organizer
Hi Nighthawk,
Thanks for the info. I haven't checked my credit history recently. I did not apply for any loan recently but my bank offered me a personal line of credit early this year which I accepted. So i don't think that my credit history is on a bad shape. I pay all my credit and bills on time because I want to keep my history in a good shape always because I am planning for applying a mortgage soon.
DIM
Organizer
Is it also an SOP that Telus blacklisted the phone included in the plan package? Telus did it to both of the phones that comes with our plan. I understand this thing maybe as part of their protocol but hopefully they explained it well to me so I know that I don't need to worry.
DIM
Organizer
Good news. Telus contacted me today to tell that my account is now active. It is not a good experience but the good thing is I learned. Thank you guys for all your thoughts. Greatly appreciated.
Community Power User
Community Power User
@DIM If you can share what you found out, it may be helpful to others. Providing it's not pertinent information that should only be bestowed to you.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.