Made a huge mistake

SOLVED
Resident

Made a huge mistake

Hello! So about 2 weeks ago I made a payment through the phone with my bank card, I just found out that I had ended up messing up my account # and I put about an 800$ payment into a different account. Is there anyway I can call Telus and this can be fixed or did I just end up being out 800$? I'm pretty upset with myself and I really hope there is something that can be done, thanks in advance
0 Likes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Power User

@Zaykius21  Contact Telus and explain the situation. You will want to talk to someone in Billing/Customer Service. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row with account number,  date, transaction number etc of the payment in question.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TELUS Employee

Check with Telus first to see if the incorrect account number is a real account. If it is then the payment will just be sitting there and they can transfer it to another Telus account for you. Which takes 3-5  business days. Then they can mail out the remaining credit balance which takes 4-6 weeks. So you're looking at 5-7 weeks. Banks can pull back the money but, usually they quote 90 days. I don't know if if actually takes that long. #227 to call Telus payment services. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
0 Likes
Connector

The quickest way would be to contact your bank/credit card company to pull back the payment

0 Likes
Community Power User

Also helpful if you can recall the incorrect account number, to speed things.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User

@Zaykius21  Contact Telus and explain the situation. You will want to talk to someone in Billing/Customer Service. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row with account number,  date, transaction number etc of the payment in question.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes