MAJOR BUG in new Telus Mobile APP

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
The new TELUS mobile APP has. MAJOR bug and no.one from TELUS is listening. The FAVORITE numbers option is hidden Missing on two of my TELUS mobile numbers and showing up correctly for only one of my Telus phone numbers.. This BUG could be affecting millions of subscribers. One would think TELUS would proactively fix this bug as has been reported to their support departments. Is ANY One from Telus listening to this complaint???? Your ADS say you listen to you clients. If so please get someone on this issue right away, and PLEASE do a better QA of your future Mobile applications before you release them to your customers !!!!! Thanks!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Hello Langdond, I have to agree with xray, I don't think this is a major issue since you can change the numbers online are by calling customer service. Also, the changes made are only effective the day of your billing cycle. So if you need modify your fav numbers frequently, my advice would be to search for an unlimited Canada calling plan. Regarding the app, most of the issues are created by OS updates and your mobile provider is rarely aware of the consequences since no one can test the updates until the release date. The iphone app was having issues but not the one in my Android phone so I'm not convince Telus is 100% guilty for this issue. 

Feel free to contact their tech support team but Telus is already aware of the situation and working to fix the iOS app issues.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reported to their support department? You do realize that anything supported there, especially to the overseas call centers, never makes it up the food chain.

We'll need more details to ensure the source of the problem can be identified.

- Make/model of phone(s) tested?

- Operating system?

- Is the Telus app up to date?

- Is the tile just missing or do you get an error when you select it?

- Are all of the mobile numbers on the same account or different accounts?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Guardian

This is a user community forum and not TELUS support. I assume you went through normal support channels to report the issue?

Have you reviewed this page to see if any of these situations apply to you?

http://www.telus.com/en/ab/get-help/billing/manage-your-account/my-fav-numbers-not-updated/support.d...

Do the favorite numbers show up when you view your account in a browser?

Highlighted
Neighbour

Here are the answers to your questions

- I have tested the new Telus app using both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4

- Yes I have the lastest version of the iPhone APP. The function WAS working on the old version of the iPhone APP, but there is a major BUG in the latest version of the iPhone app.

- The function is hidden missing for TWO of my phone numbers, but accessible for one of my phone numbers.

- All of the mobile numbers are on the same account.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Neighbour

I would not have to use this forum, if someone from Telus support could get someone to actually work on the issue. Everyone admits there is a BUG, but trying to find the right person at Telus who can fix this bug seems to be a Big issue for Telus. I guess Telus is just too large now.

ALL is get from Telus support are form letters, saying that someone is looking into the issue - But I do not really believe that, otherwise the  issue would have been fixed by now.

Yes, I reviewed the link. This is a BUG, not a USER issue.

I know it is a BUG, as the function works completely well for ONE of my Mobile numbers, but not the other TWO.

Can you PLEASE PLEASE find someone at TELUS who is willing to listen to me, DIG into the issue and ACTUALLY FIX the problem. I am certain that this problem MUST be affecting thousands of other users, so I am REALLY surprised that someone from TELUS is not all over this issue, but I guess no one at TELUS is really listening to your clients as advertised.

Thanks, and Kind Regards

Highlighted
Guardian

@Langdond wrote:

Can you PLEASE PLEASE find someone at TELUS who is willing to listen to me, DIG into the issue and ACTUALLY FIX the problem.

As I said in my post above, this is a user forum where TELUS customers like you and I try to help each other. This is not a channel for normal TELUS support so your expectations of someone here somehow "finding" the right TELUS person is unrealistic.

I'm curious as to why you consider this a major issue. Can you not manage your favorite numbers through the TELUS web site? How often do you need to change them?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Hello Langdond, I have to agree with xray, I don't think this is a major issue since you can change the numbers online are by calling customer service. Also, the changes made are only effective the day of your billing cycle. So if you need modify your fav numbers frequently, my advice would be to search for an unlimited Canada calling plan. Regarding the app, most of the issues are created by OS updates and your mobile provider is rarely aware of the consequences since no one can test the updates until the release date. The iphone app was having issues but not the one in my Android phone so I'm not convince Telus is 100% guilty for this issue. 

Feel free to contact their tech support team but Telus is already aware of the situation and working to fix the iOS app issues.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

@xray and @wally_west I think the issue is that the favourite #s options isn't displaying for one of the subscribers, but it is for the others.

@Langdond I haven't experienced this issue on my iPhone 6 - they all show up properly for me. Are you registered as the 'account owner' on your self serve account? If not, it will limit what you can/cannot do on the account. 

Edit: I had them switch my login to their self-serve site to 'owner' from 'user' and it fixed a bunch of issues in the past. Maybe give that a try?

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Guardian
Yes, I realize that is the problem for Langdond. What's not clear is whether it's a display issue with the app or an account issue. Langdond has yet to answer my question (that I asked twice) as to whether the favorite numbers can be managed through the web portal. If the problem also exists on the web portal then it's likely to be an account issue.