cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost My phone!

sams
Just Moved In

My phone has been stolen and IM freaking out! I am on a contract and My device balance Is roughly $500. Is there no other way I can get a new phone without having to pay up? I don't know if I have the device protection plan. I really don't want My parents to pay so much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If they added the phone to their insurance it would have only cost like $25 a year to insure it in the event something did happen. If you have a balance owing there is little that can be done.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

WongTong
Leader

Sorry to hear about your phone theft. You can't really get out of a device balance. My suggestion to you, if you don't want to pay too much, is to find a used Telus phone you can purchase at a lower cost, or purchase a promo prepaid bundle phone (you can still activate it on your monthly plan) http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/prepaid_phones/index.shtml

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If they added the phone to their insurance it would have only cost like $25 a year to insure it in the event something did happen. If you have a balance owing there is little that can be done.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

WongTong
Leader

Sorry to hear about your phone theft. You can't really get out of a device balance. My suggestion to you, if you don't want to pay too much, is to find a used Telus phone you can purchase at a lower cost, or purchase a promo prepaid bundle phone (you can still activate it on your monthly plan) http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/prepaid_phones/index.shtml