cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance

Emily
Just Moved In

I am using my cell phone as my home/cell phone, how can I minimize the cost of all my calls US and Canada? Long distance charges are outrageously expensive. Does Telus have an unlimited long distance plans for cell phone users who are using their cell phone as their main phone? Telus has unlimited North America long distance calls for residential phones...Does it have one for cell phone?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

d_wells
Neighbour

TELUS has partnered with a service called telehop. this allows you to make calls to the US for as little as 5 cents per minute by dialing #100 before dialing your number. the usage that you use will automatically be billed through your Telus bill. Visit www.telehop.com for more info

View solution in original post

Pamely
Ambassador

There are several packages that you can get with your telus cellphone. 

Nationwide 20 : which is going to convert all your minutes into LD (Canada to Canada) (Price $20)

Nationwide & US 35: which is going to convert all your minutes into LD (Canada to US, Can to Can) (Price $35)

If you have free calling time for example after 6 and weekends, during that time you will have unl LD calling. 

Hope this will help!

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Things I do...

• Facetime
  • Text
  • Email
  • $5 phone cards

It depends on how many calls, how long your calls, and whether the receiving party has similar technologies.  You might also want to research VOIP options.

d_wells
Neighbour

TELUS has partnered with a service called telehop. this allows you to make calls to the US for as little as 5 cents per minute by dialing #100 before dialing your number. the usage that you use will automatically be billed through your Telus bill. Visit www.telehop.com for more info

Pamely
Ambassador

There are several packages that you can get with your telus cellphone. 

Nationwide 20 : which is going to convert all your minutes into LD (Canada to Canada) (Price $20)

Nationwide & US 35: which is going to convert all your minutes into LD (Canada to US, Can to Can) (Price $35)

If you have free calling time for example after 6 and weekends, during that time you will have unl LD calling. 

Hope this will help!

Shlanktree
Just Moved In
I use an app on my iPhone "magic jack" it uses data or wifi to make Lang distance calls