Login In the Forum a Nightmare!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

v9
Rockstar

Anybody out there, having problems to Login In the forum?. Last three days it's taken up to 4 mins to Log In. Once in the home page it takes 2-3 mins to switch, between boards. I've done a page refresh & other tricks, but not success so far. Do the Adminis-Mods, know about this issue. I access my acct quickly, but not the forum 

It can't be my PC - I got a [HP- with 2TB's, loaded Wwin's 8.1] So I'm able to open other "websites in seconds". Beside Refresh page is there other workarounds to try.. Replies welcome by  "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Nope, no issues on my end...but I use a mac. Smiley Tongue

iPhone power user
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have an issue but it's that external site I've complained about before causing problems >> http://telus.dev.lezgro.com/

v9, install AdBlock and block http://telus.dev.lezgro.com/* . That should fix it if it's the same issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
v9
Rockstar

1) Thks @Dark-Night for quick respond. Can you believe it Mobility acct took 3mins to open. Glad you don't have bugs in the forums' site. Hey! How you get addicted to the Mac-Apple products man, Ha-ha!,. joking

Questions.1) Are you aware if "Lithium Spellchecker" is on already, happens that as I type any misspell word, appears red-underlined, with options to correct it.  2) Do you think the slowness in Login into the forum it's related to the browser(IE) that I use? got answer send it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@-Nighthawk: Thks for reply. I'll login in the "AdBlock-Site" review the EULA to decide if works forMe. As you know most of this apps, isn't freeware, but trials, additional info would be handy. Question.

Regarding to that word "POLL" shown on the home page(Right-side) asking input, from users as to 'What form of Spellchecker" should be implemented. In which board is advisable to post opinions?..Bye  "v9"

The future is unknown?
nasty
Rockstar

That is a bleeeeep. Hosted on an Amazon cloud server in Ireland and keeps disappearing.

telus.dev.lezgro.com

A third party tracking cookie loads fine, if I allowed third party cookies to load. telus.122.2o7.net

No problems logging into this site, except for when old Lezgro is not there, so I get lazy and toggle off javascript to make it load. Should add it to my ad-block definitions. Oh and that is much nicer blocking that domain name. Smiley Happy

For a smartphone, you can sideload AdBlock plus, to filter all browser traffic. https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install Your data usage graph will show adblock plus, being the user of most data.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Include @ScottyJ in your comments, as he is following up on this issue.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk @nasty 

Thanks for the recommendation of Adblock / Adblock Plus. Been thinking to install it for some time, and your recommendations pushed me to take the step this morning.

Not so sure the advertisers will thank you, though!

NFtoBC
nasty
Rockstar

@NFtoBC wrote:

Not so sure the advertisers will thank you, though!

Thats why it has a white list(or disable on certain pages), to allow advertising on your favorite sites that you want to support with seeing ads. There is sites that look like it threw up when not blocking ads.

The whole purpose of adblock plus is to cut back on all the flashing ads, auto-play video(that are wrapped in advertise code), and to avoid clicking on an ad that looks like a proper page link(ad pretends to be the download button for that file you want).

Cuts back on malicious ads too that are in proper ad format. 

Should save some data use too.

Weird thing since I blocked that lezgro. The big sign in button is gone from near the top right of the page(next to the fish).

Nice that the forum post now has spell-check for my browser(Firefox) to see and underline bad spelling for me to correct.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@nasty 

I appreciate the autocorrect / spellcheck as well. Even catches my constant mis-keying of 'the' and corrects it for me!

NFtoBC
v9
Rockstar

How's everything in the forum..noticed, that it's been a reduction of posts in the last 2-3 wks. the cause, remain unknown. Regarding the slowness to Login In this site it hasn't been solved, I've tried some fixes like, refresh page, ipconfig  /flushdns, trace router, etc. but not lucky-keep it on check.

Regarding to Spellchecker activation, reports point to that "Yes it's been" as we type misspell words are underlined if clicked offer options to correct it that's great! but, what about the spellchecker button it became useless or what? not action, when clicked, after finished typing a post.

2) There's a word "Poll" on home page, when clicked, display 3-options to comment, but there isn't a way to do so. If you try to select one to emit an opinion, nothing happens. Answers welcome.  "v9"

The future is unknown?
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Adblock, as suggested by @Nighthawk above is a temporary workaround.

Browser based spellcheck has been set up as stated in the Neighbourhood Announcements: Spell Check thread. The Spell Check button does not work just now, as discussed in previous threads.

Submitting an answer to the poll requires javascript to be active. If you disabled it as indicated by @nasty then the poll will not work. You must select one of the three options to get the Vote button to accept input.

NFtoBC
v9
Rockstar

Right in on chief - Thanks for the reply. So let's get straight, with this issues. 1) I installed "AdBlock plus" this App is mostly to block 'Ads' or is supposed to help, speed up the Login on the forum site. 2) Spellchecker activation. I don't get it works now, without clicking the button is in the trial state. Why don't inform the membership about it.

2) All right copied. To answer to Spellcheck Poll, requires javaScript - Got it I just updated to ver.7u60. I haven't enabled the plug-ins, because (IE) enhance security is blocking it. I might change browser soon.

I'm in troubles. What happens, well my detractors it gonna laughing about  it. Let it go what is it? the infamous "v9" Nick can't be found in the list. On Jul.18/2014. I was in the 29 position, with (1Like) now I scanned the 3pages, including the Tabs[Last 7days -24 hrs -30 days & the "v9" nick is gone]. Can an Adminis-Mod or member, help out. Thks "v9"

The future is unknown?
Most Helpful
nasty
Rockstar

@v9 wrote:

Right in on chief - Thanks for the reply. So let's get straight, with this issues. 1) I installed "AdBlock plus" this App is mostly to block 'Ads' or is supposed to help, speed up the Login on the forum site.

To add a AdBlock filter definition for blocking the  

telus.dev.lezgro.com

Click on the little red stop sign ABP that should be displaying on your browser.I don't use Internet Explorer so you gotta find it if not displayed there.

Then filter preferences

Then custom filters

AdBlocking rules

Add Filter

add the above web address.

Hit enter on your keyboard.

Close

The main Filter subscriptions is usually easylist , in North America.

The Lezgro domain name, if not blocked, will time out after a few and the Telus Forum page will load(known as 'paint delay'). When going page to page, the same delay will happen.

ver.7u60 is Java, not JavaScript. JavaScript is needed for the poll.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@v9 wrote:

I'm in troubles. What happens, well my detractors it gonna laughing about  it. Let it go what is it? the infamous "v9" Nick can't be found in the list. On Jul.18/2014. I was in the 29 position, with (1Likes) now I scanned the 3pages, including the Tabs[Last 7days -24 hrs -30 days & the "v9" nick is gone]. Can an Adminis-Mod or member, help out. Thks "v9"

You have to have received a 'Like' in the chosen timeline to appear on any of these lists. If you want to see your total, go to 'All Time' or 'Last Year'.   

I didn't realize there was a race.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Well the forum seems to be back to its normal speed this morning.

My thanks to the web gurus at Telus who sorted this out, and @ScottyJ for moving it along.

NFtoBC
wally_west
Ambassador

Yes, it's working on my end, great job on fixing this issue, I guess it's sadly part of the game!

SuperFred
Rockstar

Thanks for understanding and big thanks to every users for their patience as well. Positive or negative, your feedback is important and we'll keep working hard to keep you guys happy! Have a great day Mr. West ( The flash right?)