cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking accounts to new Email

KissFamily
Just Moved In

So I am trying to link my mobility and home services to a new email and telus account because I do not know the password for my old account and I have to confirm the switch of the services from the old account to the new account in order for it to work. The problem is I don't remember the password for my old account because I haven't used it in over a year. When I tried to reset the password it told me that a email had been sent so I could reset the password but I have no idea where that email was sent. It doesn't make sense that it would be sent to the account that I don't know the password for and It wasn't sent to my current email that I use. Any ideas of where it could be or what to do next? I am completely lost and confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call Telus. They can remove the existing email / account and you can recreate it with your current email address instead.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call Telus. They can remove the existing email / account and you can recreate it with your current email address instead.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I also recommend acquiring a password safe such as 1Password or KeePass to safely store your digital credentials.

Telus would have sent the password reset to the email address you initially provided them. Unless you are logged into the account, it would be a major breach of security to simply accept any other email address as belonging to the account holder without appropriate authorization.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Password managers are bad ideas. They get hacked on a regular basis, including the two you mentioned.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk wrote:

Password managers are bad ideas. They get hacked on a regular basis, including the two you mentioned.

Source?

NFtoBC

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/11/hacking-tool-swipes-encrypted-credentials-from-password-mana...

1Password has/had a flaw when writing to disk that could be exploited but no word of an actual hack in the wild for it.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So, not really a hack, but a trojan a user must choose to install on their Windows computer, which mimics the interface of KeePass, and then compromises the database. If one uses an anti-virus, and avoids downloading and installing software without care, there should be no problem.

From Blackmore Ops :

In order to run this software, attackers must either already have access to the target machine, or trick users into giving them access by running malicious software such as remote access Trojans (RATs) or specialized spyware on their machines.

And if they gain access, your machine is not your machine anymore, and they can do pretty much what they want with it – security protections will not last long. So you can continue (or start) using a password manager, but protect your system with security software and be careful about the software you run on it, especially when it comes from untrusted parties.

NFtoBC