cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see the phone numbers iMessages in your my Telus mobility account?

huntman
Just Moved In

just as we can see the phone numbers of the text messages can we view the iMessage phone numbers? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @huntman! iMessage is a third party messaging platform that is integrated into the native iOS Messages app. All iMessage data is hosted by Apple servers which Telcos are not privy to. 

iMessages can be linked to a phone number and Apple ID but only Apple will have access to that data. I'm not sure that they share that information freely, though. 

If you open the iMessage in question then tap on "Details" (upper right), then on the " i," are you not able to view the phone number and/or Apple ID?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @huntman! iMessage is a third party messaging platform that is integrated into the native iOS Messages app. All iMessage data is hosted by Apple servers which Telcos are not privy to. 

iMessages can be linked to a phone number and Apple ID but only Apple will have access to that data. I'm not sure that they share that information freely, though. 

If you open the iMessage in question then tap on "Details" (upper right), then on the " i," are you not able to view the phone number and/or Apple ID?