Is it Even Worth Contacting Customer Loyalty in My Situation?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
pylonic
Resident

I was given the number for customer loyalty at the Telus store because I have an iPhone 4S that has been acting up and still have $217 left on my device balance. I had replaced the battery on the phone myself so Apple of course said "screw you" we can't fix it. The phone was acting up before that and I should have just taken it to Apple, but I didn't want to have to pay $100 for them to change the battery.

Having been a Telus customer for 10 years and having had my mom sign up onto a share data plan with me, I wondering if customer loyalty will actually give me a break and do something for me...I don't expect a free phone or anything...but maybe a better discount. I somehow doubt it, but thought I would check if there's any point in even contacting them.
Thanks

Most Helpful
Ginnungagap
Ambassador

Greetings Pylonic!

It's definitely worth while to contact our Loyalty Team to see if they can do anything for you.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

They may be able to offer refurbished phone for cheap I was offered I said no thanks at moment. 

Most Helpful
hellochuman
Advisor

You should look on craigslist for a phone or ask one of your friends if they have one lying around they can loan you.  Would you consider buying out the device balance?  I think that would end your contract if you do.  Then you can start from new.