Is Telus-Forum logged on by members only.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

v9
Rockstar

Curious about the# of Members registered in the forum. I open the [Likes-Leaderboard-screen] On the [Time range-Clicked.tab (Last 2yrs)] Page15-display 314 Registered members, is that amount correct. I bring this subject publicly, because during the (Apple-iPhone6-event) A lot viewers, Logged In the forum to read details & comments, posted in 2-Separates threads.

I've made a estimated-number of Viewers, based on this Data. On the eve of the Apple-event. Post.1- That claimed being the authentic it had [2035-views @7:00Am- on 9/9/14 & today 9/10/14 @3:00 PM 6855] if we minus from 6855-2035 = 4820-views.

Post.2: Written by "lehgo0129" [451-views @ 7:00 Am- on 9/9/14 & today 9/10/14 @3:00 PM 2897] If I minus 2897-451 = 2446-views:  Now let's add the [Post1+post2: (4820+2446 = 7266-views)] Last number 7266 is the grand total of views, during the whole event.

The question: Are these 7266-Viewers forum-members or they're just-Telus customers. If they're not registered. How we could manage to get them registe.  A bit complicated-but give a try it. Thanks! "V9

Forgot I'm in a beauty contest & I need some kudos. Just click 2nd *icon-rightlower-corner. Chau

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Just because a topic has been viewed, doesn't mean the person viewing it is a registered user. These forums are public and you'll find that like most forums out there, the majority of users are not registered members. You can't force them to register. If they feel like posting a question they can't find the information for by searching or other means, then they will register and ask their question. Anything that is members only tends to have very few members.

@v9 wrote:

Forgot. I'm in a beauty contest & need kudos. just click 2nd *icon-rightlower-corner. Chau

Kudos are given when another user feels what you have posted is informative and helpful, not just because you post something in general.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
v9
Rockstar

@Nighthawk wrote:

Just because a topic has been viewed, doesn't mean the person viewing it is a registered user. These forums are public and you'll find that like most forums out there, the majority of users are not registered members. You can't force them to register. If they feel like posting a question they can't find the information for by searching or other means, then they will register and ask their question. Anything that is members only tends to have very few members.

@v9 wrote:

Forgot. I'm in a beauty contest & need kudos. just click 2nd *icon-rightlower-corner. Chau

Kudos are given when another user feels what you have posted is informative and helpful, not just because you post something in general.

I marked this question as solved, but I'm not totally satisfied with the reply. Un-answered questions. 1) Is the Number cited by v9-314-Registered members correct if the Info is considered confidential, disregard request. 2) How we could register those 7266-Viewers. Answer it was "You can't force them to register" C'mon I didn't mean to force them or the management, isn't interested in increase the membership. I'd like to hear opinions on how to register more members. PS explain. Replies welcome. Thanks! @v9

The future is unknown?
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Yo,

One of their community managers posted this a few months ago - http://blog.telus.com/you/celebrating-the-neighbourhoods-one-year-anniversary/ 

That has the info you are looking for. Smiley Happy

iPhone power user
v9
Rockstar

Thanks. @Dark-Night. The link provided it open, but there isn't any useful information to show. I see a tab above that reads : 404 Error- Page not found. Is this a misleading link? hope not. Anyway if nobody else answer is ok won't be the End of the world. At least this thread, appears 2nd in Top-posts list.

Kind of disappointed I expend sometime, preparing that report about the 7266-Viewers. I thought it might be of interest to those, forum celebrities that want to make improvements. I'll try again in another Site.. Bye "v9"

Latest Update @11:35 Pm/Sep/14/14-EPT. Thks again "Neighbourhood-hero" for the last link posted. It supply 90% of the Info needed. I opened & CallMe the attention that-NftoBC+ Xl, get congratulated by their Posts written in the (1Year Forum Anniversary) Didn't mention other top Authors-next yr. I guess,.Hehaw!..hey.Nighthawk thanks-v9- you got 4Kudos out of this post n' (v9-none) but let's wait for a coin flip/over in my favor. Thks N' readMe soon!  @v9

The future is unknown?
Dark_Knight
Rockstar
Community Power User
Community Power User

@v9, you'll find that on a web forum, most people / admins / users just don't care about the number of viewers or registered members. If this were an advertising platform, that would be very different. An advertiser is very interested in their audience and what it can sell them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy