I will be away for 6 weeks. Should I leave my cell phone plugged in - to charge or not - to go dead

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Stvrtecky
Resident

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
GoodLight7
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I would suggest to leave it to discharge completely. The batteries are typically negatively impacted by leaving them connected to the charger past the time the charge reached 100%. A good practice is also to unplug your chargers and other electrical devices from the wall. It saves energy and reduces the risk of overheating.

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
Peregrine
Resident

Do not leave your mobile device plugged in after it's fully charged. Although most people do it, you shouldn't leave it charging overnight either. A full charge from an almost-dead battery takes roughly 3 hours if you're using an electrical outlet (varies depending on the model of phone). Using the USB cable and a computer will take longer.

Once it's fully charged, just turn it off. When you come back, it should still be full.

All Replies
Most Helpful
GoodLight7
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I would suggest to leave it to discharge completely. The batteries are typically negatively impacted by leaving them connected to the charger past the time the charge reached 100%. A good practice is also to unplug your chargers and other electrical devices from the wall. It saves energy and reduces the risk of overheating.

Most Helpful
Peregrine
Resident

Do not leave your mobile device plugged in after it's fully charged. Although most people do it, you shouldn't leave it charging overnight either. A full charge from an almost-dead battery takes roughly 3 hours if you're using an electrical outlet (varies depending on the model of phone). Using the USB cable and a computer will take longer.

Once it's fully charged, just turn it off. When you come back, it should still be full.