I have been receiving a message that my data is almost all used up........

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I have been receiving a message saying that my data is almost all used up......I thought that data was only used up when you download content? Does data also get used up when you are checking out websites too?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
While downloading content is a significant cause. Browsing to website with pictures and graphics will rack up charges too.

To get an idea of what uses data and what does not. Turn on the phone's airplane mode while you use it. Your phone's battery life will greatly improve too!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Ambassador
Yes it does. Anything that use up data like Internet Browser(of your phone), apps(Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc.), and games.

**Note: I included games because there are some games that requires internet connection like the one I'm playing. (i.e. O2Jam)
xXKittyGumDropzXx
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
While downloading content is a significant cause. Browsing to website with pictures and graphics will rack up charges too.

To get an idea of what uses data and what does not. Turn on the phone's airplane mode while you use it. Your phone's battery life will greatly improve too!

View solution in original post