I am being switched from MTS to Telus

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
MTSmb
Neighbour

I just went to MTS and was told that my account had already been transferred. I was told that I could transfer back after 3 months, that is was a done deal. I just wanted to upgrade my phone as I am near the end of my contract term on my existing phone.

Apparently I have to go to the Telus store to get the LG X phone shown in the offer. Part of the offer is unlimited Telus to Telus calling in Canada, I don't know any other Telus customers and there is no Telus store in my neighbourhood. I am not happy, I didn't think my MTS contract could be sold with out some authorization from me. Telus better give me a new phone upgrade and a better plan if they want me as a customer.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus won't transfer an account / phone number / service for you unless you specifically sign up for it and authorize it.

See CRTC Changing you service provider

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
MTSmb
Neighbour

"As you may know, Bell recently completed the purchase of MTS. The Federal Competition Bureau has required Bell to transfer a number of MTS wireless contracts to TELUS as part of the approval process. Your contract is one of those..."

That is a quote from the letter I received from MTS. So I am saying my contract was transfered WITHOUT my authorization.

Community Power User
Community Power User

You may want to check with the Federal Competition Bureau. They're the ones that decided to force the changes as indicated in the letter. 

Other than that, it's something outside of the scope us regular users can assist with. It's probably best to contact Telus directly if your account was moved to see what options or deals will be available to you now.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

@MTSmb wrote:

So I am saying my contract was transfered WITHOUT my authorization.

It had to be transferred somewhere, either to Bell-MTS or Telus. MTS no longer exists, since this change.

As @Nighthawk states, Telus won't transfer an account without permission, but this was directed by the Federal government. If you wish to move to Bell, rather than stay with Telus, then I expect you can effect a port at you earliest convenience in 3 months.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
BillTelusCust
Ambassador

Those things happen when companies are sold.  Don't hold it against Telus.  They didn't do anything wrong here and they don't "owe' you. This was done by the federal regulator.  It sucks when things like that happen but they happen.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

telus.com/welcomemanitoba has more information

Mobility Client Care Rep
BillTelusCust
Ambassador

I am sure you are in good hands.

Community Power User
Community Power User
@MTSmb your previous post was removed for your safety. As this is a public forum never expose your personal information.

Happy to hear everything was resolved to your satisfaction.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.