Horrible mobility experience upgrade from 1.5 GB to 3GB

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

KhalidS
Just Moved In

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN | Account (Business Customer BLOCKED Since Friday 9th June)

I wonder who planned 1.5 GB data bundle with a 4G LTE devices.? its like running a Ferrari on reserve gas and expecting to win the F1 title.. (this should have been with a 3G/2G device) it doesn't go with the high speed network nor with my usage patterns.

I have to keep the data off and keep looking for free Wi-Fi.. in order to avoid going over my data CAP for last 8 months.. frustrating right? Anyhow i visited the TELUS store and they helped me call the client care (loyalty)... after discussion of 60 mins last Thursday and several holds (i dont recall gentlemen name) he agreed to upgrade me to 3GB data on same price $ 75 (without charging device balance etc - as i am not leaving the network, my only request was to increase my data bucket). But to my complete surprise, I got an SMS warning of $365.74 total bill and when I looked at the account details, the superhero I spoke to charged me with the following and didnt care if i would exceed my credit limit of 250 $.... no brainer right.. ?

Device Bal-device tier drop $218.74
Mid-contract Rate Plan Chng Fee $35.00

But that's not all without any warning TELUS blocked by phone since this morning...I cant reach my family, as i dont have an alternative phone.. that's not all I went down to TELUS in Telus Garden and they help me dial to loyalty representative from an landline this noon.. and after staying on the call for 40 mins and listening to the whole music album on hold, I had to hang up because i was getting late for my appointment.
Again that's not all, the customer representative had my details and she didn't bother to call me back saying we are working on it.. or i wonder if i have to go through the above grid again... Imagine you being blocked on the network for hours just because of TELUS poor client care..

jrueger
Ambassador

Even though your phone is "blocked" I suspect you can call Customer Service at *611 - that would save you having to find another phone to use to get things straightened put. 

KhalidS
Just Moved In

Could you please direct this to your team, rather me calling time and again and wait for 45min on an average. Im already out of business due to TELUS mobility since last 4 days.... and counting.. PLEASE understand the severity. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@KhalidS wrote:

What is the neighborhood for not to solve customer issues?. could you please direct this to your team, rather me calling time and again and wait for 45min on an average. Im already out business due to TELUS mobility since last 4 days.... and counting.. PLEASE understand the severity. 

The purpose of the Neighbourhood, as described on the landing page is: "A place to ask questions, find answers, and discuss TELUS products and services with users just like you."

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. We are free to express our own opinions and comments, which may not always be in agreement with the ideals of Telus. It may be faster to connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The best place to contact someone to have them directly look at your account is the Telus Support Twitter handle. @Telus Support. They can look at your account. On here it's just the community managers and other customers. Although there are employees we are volunteering on our time off and are not allowed to pull up your account information as it violates our internal privacy policy at Telus. The rate plan change fee is only $15. By your description of your charges and your suspension you are on the credit limit program and have a past due on your account or a large amount of unbilled charged. The credit limit program is designed to give customers with limited credit or no credit an account when they otherwise would not qualify. However you will have a cap on your account of $200 or $250 depending on what you qualified for. This insures you pay your bills on time and do not get behind. If you have 6 months of on time payments you will be removed from this program and have a normal account type. If you reach the cap of $200 or $250 you will be suspended until the past due is paid and charged a $35 reconnection fee. During suspension you can call payment services at #227 to make credit card payments. You cannot be resumed until you have paid up the full amount owing on your account. The MSC violation charge means you are not meeting your contract requirements so it sounds like the rep you did speak to messed up your plan. Your contract states you have to spend a minimum amount before tax. They may have put you on a correct plan and this may have just triggered a system error and charged you this or perhaps they put you on an eligible plan. Client Care could confirm this for you. You can chat with them or call them. 1-866-558-2273 or to chat with them https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/contact-us?INTCMP=TcomFooter_contact_us

Sorry about the whole experience. Hopefully you haven't reached your cap and are just suspended because of that contract fee due to a Telus error and chat can get you resumed 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep