Hey Telus! Why do you suck so much?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NightWing-Robin 

LOL'd  Just need some images:

iu.gif

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident
It's employees like Dark Knight a regular contributor why Telus sucks. It sounds like you'd rather work for Togers. Thanks for your irresponsible comment. Telus SUCKS, still.
Highlighted
Resident
I see the customer gets crappier customer services the more we complain. This forum is joke you have the same crap customer service you get on the phone. Good bye Telus you still suck.
Highlighted
Rockstar

Who you callin' an employee @bolamb ?!?!?! Haha. I most definitely am not. 

If you are so unhappy, it's probably in your best interest (and ours) that you leave. Farewell. 

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Neighbour

I was a customer for 25 years - found out that all cables (7) for Sat system were ran though evestrough causing them to continue to not drain and overfill -- rotten out my soffits - 3/8" holes(6) drilled in roof - leaking causing roof damage

So switched to Optic to remove Sat system -- NOW HAVE DOUBLE THE PRICE 1/2 (AT MOST) OF THE CHANNELS WE WATCHED BEFORE - AND INTERNET IS ABOUT 1/2 THE SPEED AND NO LONGER WORKS IN AREAS OFTHE HOUSE

THE INSTALL PRICE WAS DOUBLE WHAT THEY SAID

CAN';T WATCH HD IF SOMEONE IS WATCHING ANOTHER OR RECORDING

SERVICE SUCKS -- TELUS NEVER DOES ANYTHING TILL YOU COMPLAIN THEN -- OH WE FIX IT

NEVER AGAIN WILL THE "TELUS TEAM OF MORONS' SUCK US IN

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @IliveinnorthernBC123 Have you tried to contact TELUS about this matter?

Highlighted
Neighbour

A FKN JOKE OF A COMPANY

MANAGERS SUCK THE MOST

SEE YOU IN COURT -

Highlighted
Neighbour

WHAT A FK JOKE

YOU USE THIS FORUM TO GET BACK AT ME NOW BECAUSE I COMPLAINED ......................

SEE YOU IN COURT

Highlighted
Resident

I have been a customer of Telus for 2+ years and its has been a nightmare. I have 2 phones with Telus, and both will randomly go to voice mail without ringing. I have lost job opportunities, I have missed emergency calls, etc. Customer service has done little to nothing about this issue. Only other solution will a bbb complaint along with court action.

I wish there was a company that actually cared for their customers.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Sadly, it seems that everyone can write something here. I agree with DK, why don't you simply leave Telus and this forum? billing issues, network issues or phone issues are part of the game when dealing with wireless services. Telus will never be perfect and same thing with bell and Rogers. What's the difference, Telus will reach out and help in many more ways than the other providers do. FYI, you won't be happier with a different carrier since 80% the issue is with the mobile user itself, not the carrier.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I find Telus way better than Rogers. Rogers was hell to deal with and I'm so happy I don't have to deal with them anymore.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Umm . . . reaching out?  Really? Here's why not (for me):

Three years ago, preparing to have extensive out-of-province reconstructive surgery as a result of an accident, I spent ages on the phone with a Telus rep to make sure I had an affordable mobile plan.  She assured me my total fee would be $55. monthly.  Complications followed the surgery, but even with pulmonary embolisms, I was surprised by the monthly ad-on fees of $50-$80.  The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data.  

In and out of the hospital for months, and in great pain, I took a year to "reach out" to Telus.  Over a long email correspondence,  Colin of Telus told me, most politely, that although the mistake must clearly have been mine, and there was no way he could re-instate my initial plan, and there was no way he could credit my account with any of the hundreds of my wasted dollars, he could give me a new plan with more data.  And if I didn't like that, I could talk to a Telus manager.

Who are Telus managers and what are their contact numbers?  Are there any actual humans working there?  I only get robotic responses if I get any at all.  

Highlighted
Ambassador

What does your plan include? Sounds like you were on one of their flex data plans and went over your included bucket.

"The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data." 

It seems like you got exactly what the rep promised to be honest, a $55/month plan. Fair complaint if they didn't tell you that you'd be charged if you went over that data bucket but at some point the burden also falls to you to manage your spending/usage.

Highlighted
Guardian
@jocelbee, I certainly hope you are doing well health wise but I fail to see the relevance of your medical history to your phone plan.

"She assured me my total fee would be $55. monthly. Complications followed the surgery, but even with pulmonary embolisms, I was surprised by the monthly ad-on fees of $50-$80. The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data."

Here is my analogy of what you are saying:

I was assured by the hotel clerk upon check in that my rate was indeed $175 a night. Imagine my surprise when I checked out an saw that there was $100 in additional charges due to my use of the mini bar. The hotel clerk must have lied. The $175 was of course just the base room rate without hardly any drinks, just the coffee from the coffee machine in the room. I asked the clerk to credit me for the $175 because I didn't know the mini bar wasn't free but they refused. There was a sign with prices on the mini bar but I didn't look at it.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Health-wise I'm pretty good, x-ray--thanks--and thanks for pointing out the logical blip in my complaint. In trying to be succinct, I left out the content of the conversation with the Telus rep.  To stay with your hotel analogy, it went something like this:

me: I need a budget room , I drink a scotch every night and now I'll need a vodka too.

T: No problem, sir!  We have a new promotion and you can drink all the vodka you want for free!

me:  Really?  How can that be?

T: You drink so little sir, that even if you triple your alcohol use, you will still pay no extra.

me: But I checked my usage and it's definitely 30 scotches per month.

T: Yes, sir, I am looking at your records, and this room will only be this much per month.

me: Are you sure?  No add on? Because this is all I can afford.

T: Absolutely.  This is what you will pay every month. It's a brand new promotion--not even on the web yet.

Etc.  But over 45 minutes.  I had my data-usage records, asked the obvious questions, asked for reiteration, and was lied to, point blank, several times.  

That said, I agree with your point that I'm not blameless.  I pretty much said, "Hey, salesperson, I'm going to be out of commission for the next six months, please sell me something good."  Not smart.  And the fact that I was too messed up to deal with the problem once I discovered it--that's clearly not Telus' issue.  In general, you're right--logically, a customer's stupidity/injury has nothing to do with the service they purchase.

And, yet, Telus salespeople should not lie to any customers. When they do, it seems reasonable that bashed-up customers will be especially pissed off, if only because they're short on the endurance that Telus bureaucracy requires.

Highlighted
Rockstar

@jocelbee Like @xray and @tsizzle i'm failing to see how they actually lied....

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hi DK.  Yeah, the lying specifics are maybe hard to see in an analogy. In general, it was where the salesperson misinformed me about the service I was buying.  Specifically (and explicitly) salesperson said the new plan would be 55 per month, would include the same data I was getting on old plan and would allow me to make calls within Canada at no extra charge.  In reality, data was cut in half and there were extra charges.  Perhaps Telus has their own special Orwellian word for this sort of practice?  

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, it's look/learn before you buy. You could have asked additional questions regarding any charges or changes when you made the changes. If they cut your data in half, that is something they would have told you. New plans now have less data and have been like that for some time now. $55/mo? Unless you're in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, that price usually won't even have data included with it. If they gave you nationwide minutes there should be no extra costs unless you exceed the minutes on your plan or are calling from outside of Canada.

If it was something recent they may have credited you something (if you talked to them nicely) but you waited 3 years to rant about it? Did you look at your monthly statements at all following the changes to your plan?

When I call in with questions about my plan or make changes, I always make sure I ask them enough questions to ensure there won't be any surprises down the road. Sadly, not everyone partakes in that practice, as easy as it is.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I did ask the questions, NH, and, no, they didn't tell me about cutting the data in half.  That's why I'm using the word "lied." And I did contact them a few months after the change, when I was able, and spoke very nicely, actually. The response then was like the response now:  A) deny deny deny and b) blame.

Telus won't change, but Telus customers can--so, fellow consumers, take note.  You can be tres careful, rational and nice to Telus folk but bad expensive things can still happen.  And when they do, there will be no recourse.  My contract is almost up, so 
armed with the proper cynicism and distrust, I'll get another plan elsewhere.  And I'm writing to my politicians to support Verizon and more competitors.  

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Verizon already flat out said they're not coming to Canada. It's very old news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/verizon-not-entering-canada-s-wireless-market-after-all-1.1339361 (September 2013)

Highlighted
Guardian
Verizon won't enter the Canadian market because they can't make enough money to warrant the move. If Verizon could make money undercutting the existing Canadian carriers they'd be here already.

As for writing to the politicians, that's part of the reason Verizon won't come. If the only way they can make a business case in Canada is to rely on government support then it's just not going to happen as their business case could fall apart on the next election.