cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Telus! Why do you suck so much?

danadube
Just Moved In

And why do you continue to get suckyer as time goes on?

I can't wait to be done with you and your suckness...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

diamondb
Connector
Thanks for the kind advise, but to show you that there is something wrong, some of us we even fear to make that call since they even charge toll free numbers!!!! And that exactly why we express some of our complaint in written. Toll free numbers take long because they are used to solve people's problems, but can image now for whe whole months I ha a limited calls I've made and no one took even five minutes. But where I'm talking I don't think I have even 50minutes up to when my period will end up. So image if I'm I have an emergency and have to use extra charged minutes because I called their toll free number!!!! It sucks a it really say.
Let us just suffer with it until it'll end..,. 😹

View solution in original post

It sounds a lot like you just didn't understand how your service worked @telushater9000 - At the end of the day, the onus is on the consumer to make sure they are well informed. If you don't plan on contributing valuable content to this forum, perhaps your time is best spent on the Rogers Redboard http://redboard.rogers.com

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50

S3love
Connector

I bet you can't list 1 VALID reason why Telus sucks.  With Rogers overpriced and underperformed services and lack of care & concern for end users and the horror stories I've heard about Bell's customer care, Telus is a Gift From God.

fb
Just Moved In

After 20 years as a Telus Mobility customer and 30 with home phone, I have had enough of the price gouging and lack of customer service and respect. Telus overcharges and when you point it out, as I did with  $250+ on my home account, they advised me they would have to seek manager approval. Repeated calls to Telus had them repeatedly telling me that I would hear back soon, from a customer service rep. That was 5 years ago.

When my husband died, they saw fit, by their own wisdom, to disconnect my phone though it had a credit balance. When I called, they were unable to provide an answer as to  why it was disconnected. They re-connected it...3 days later. And I lost all the voicemail messages my husband had left while in hospital before he died.

I purchased a Telus plan for Europe, turned off all roaming and still have an overage bill and roaming charges regardless of making every effort to track usage by contacting them directly. But now they say that they were actually unable to track usage in real time and only gave a best guesstimate. WRONG! It was under by 200 minutes!!!!

ENOUGH OF THE EXCUSES AND JUSTIFICATION!!!!

GOOD-BYE TELUS!!!!!

Greetings fb!

That's definitely unfortunate to hear and we'd like to help. I highly advise calling into 1-866-558-2273 or contacting us via Twitter at https://twitter.com/telussupport regarding this matter so we can look into this further for you.

I was a customer for 25 years - found out that all cables (7) for Sat system were ran though evestrough causing them to continue to not drain and overfill -- rotten out my soffits - 3/8" holes(6) drilled in roof - leaking causing roof damage

So switched to Optic to remove Sat system -- NOW HAVE DOUBLE THE PRICE 1/2 (AT MOST) OF THE CHANNELS WE WATCHED BEFORE - AND INTERNET IS ABOUT 1/2 THE SPEED AND NO LONGER WORKS IN AREAS OFTHE HOUSE

THE INSTALL PRICE WAS DOUBLE WHAT THEY SAID

CAN';T WATCH HD IF SOMEONE IS WATCHING ANOTHER OR RECORDING

SERVICE SUCKS -- TELUS NEVER DOES ANYTHING TILL YOU COMPLAIN THEN -- OH WE FIX IT

NEVER AGAIN WILL THE "TELUS TEAM OF MORONS' SUCK US IN

Hi @IliveinnorthernBC123 Have you tried to contact TELUS about this matter?

A FKN JOKE OF A COMPANY

MANAGERS SUCK THE MOST

SEE YOU IN COURT -

WHAT A FK JOKE

YOU USE THIS FORUM TO GET BACK AT ME NOW BECAUSE I COMPLAINED ......................

SEE YOU IN COURT

diamondb
Connector
It really sucks, regard that you can track what you are using, you'll never understand how your calculations are going. I've been with you for a couple of months, but I feel like a hell, so my colleague too.
Though I understand good customers comes from good customer care. I can imagine if I recommend a best friend of mine, unless I want to loose them all.
Remember ,network industry is growing so much. May be we'll have a freedom in that.
Even student now our days have understandable plans where they can receive incoming calls, unlimited texting and reasonable data on affordable price!!but now I can imagine paying $50 or plus and still be charged when receiving a call from someone !!!!
Am I not going to care for my family cuz I now have a phone with Telus mobility whatever called???
Please you need to look into and find what went wrong !
I can't wait for my contract to end or I may even cut it in the middle,before I get a heart attack. So my colleague too!!! What a loss.... 😭

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi guys, if you have concerns or questions you can reach out to TELUS either by phone 1-866-558-2273 or through Twitter at @TELUSsupport or by sending them a private message on their Facebook page.

I hope it helps.

Umm . . . reaching out?  Really? Here's why not (for me):

Three years ago, preparing to have extensive out-of-province reconstructive surgery as a result of an accident, I spent ages on the phone with a Telus rep to make sure I had an affordable mobile plan.  She assured me my total fee would be $55. monthly.  Complications followed the surgery, but even with pulmonary embolisms, I was surprised by the monthly ad-on fees of $50-$80.  The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data.  

In and out of the hospital for months, and in great pain, I took a year to "reach out" to Telus.  Over a long email correspondence,  Colin of Telus told me, most politely, that although the mistake must clearly have been mine, and there was no way he could re-instate my initial plan, and there was no way he could credit my account with any of the hundreds of my wasted dollars, he could give me a new plan with more data.  And if I didn't like that, I could talk to a Telus manager.

Who are Telus managers and what are their contact numbers?  Are there any actual humans working there?  I only get robotic responses if I get any at all.  

What does your plan include? Sounds like you were on one of their flex data plans and went over your included bucket.

"The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data." 

It seems like you got exactly what the rep promised to be honest, a $55/month plan. Fair complaint if they didn't tell you that you'd be charged if you went over that data bucket but at some point the burden also falls to you to manage your spending/usage.

@jocelbee, I certainly hope you are doing well health wise but I fail to see the relevance of your medical history to your phone plan.

"She assured me my total fee would be $55. monthly. Complications followed the surgery, but even with pulmonary embolisms, I was surprised by the monthly ad-on fees of $50-$80. The rep had lied: that $55 was, of course, just the base fee with hardly any data."

Here is my analogy of what you are saying:

I was assured by the hotel clerk upon check in that my rate was indeed $175 a night. Imagine my surprise when I checked out an saw that there was $100 in additional charges due to my use of the mini bar. The hotel clerk must have lied. The $175 was of course just the base room rate without hardly any drinks, just the coffee from the coffee machine in the room. I asked the clerk to credit me for the $175 because I didn't know the mini bar wasn't free but they refused. There was a sign with prices on the mini bar but I didn't look at it.

Health-wise I'm pretty good, x-ray--thanks--and thanks for pointing out the logical blip in my complaint. In trying to be succinct, I left out the content of the conversation with the Telus rep.  To stay with your hotel analogy, it went something like this:

me: I need a budget room , I drink a scotch every night and now I'll need a vodka too.

T: No problem, sir!  We have a new promotion and you can drink all the vodka you want for free!

me:  Really?  How can that be?

T: You drink so little sir, that even if you triple your alcohol use, you will still pay no extra.

me: But I checked my usage and it's definitely 30 scotches per month.

T: Yes, sir, I am looking at your records, and this room will only be this much per month.

me: Are you sure?  No add on? Because this is all I can afford.

T: Absolutely.  This is what you will pay every month. It's a brand new promotion--not even on the web yet.

Etc.  But over 45 minutes.  I had my data-usage records, asked the obvious questions, asked for reiteration, and was lied to, point blank, several times.  

That said, I agree with your point that I'm not blameless.  I pretty much said, "Hey, salesperson, I'm going to be out of commission for the next six months, please sell me something good."  Not smart.  And the fact that I was too messed up to deal with the problem once I discovered it--that's clearly not Telus' issue.  In general, you're right--logically, a customer's stupidity/injury has nothing to do with the service they purchase.

And, yet, Telus salespeople should not lie to any customers. When they do, it seems reasonable that bashed-up customers will be especially pissed off, if only because they're short on the endurance that Telus bureaucracy requires.

@jocelbee Like @xray and @tsizzle i'm failing to see how they actually lied....

iPhone power user

Hi DK.  Yeah, the lying specifics are maybe hard to see in an analogy. In general, it was where the salesperson misinformed me about the service I was buying.  Specifically (and explicitly) salesperson said the new plan would be 55 per month, would include the same data I was getting on old plan and would allow me to make calls within Canada at no extra charge.  In reality, data was cut in half and there were extra charges.  Perhaps Telus has their own special Orwellian word for this sort of practice?  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, it's look/learn before you buy. You could have asked additional questions regarding any charges or changes when you made the changes. If they cut your data in half, that is something they would have told you. New plans now have less data and have been like that for some time now. $55/mo? Unless you're in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, that price usually won't even have data included with it. If they gave you nationwide minutes there should be no extra costs unless you exceed the minutes on your plan or are calling from outside of Canada.

If it was something recent they may have credited you something (if you talked to them nicely) but you waited 3 years to rant about it? Did you look at your monthly statements at all following the changes to your plan?

When I call in with questions about my plan or make changes, I always make sure I ask them enough questions to ensure there won't be any surprises down the road. Sadly, not everyone partakes in that practice, as easy as it is.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I did ask the questions, NH, and, no, they didn't tell me about cutting the data in half.  That's why I'm using the word "lied." And I did contact them a few months after the change, when I was able, and spoke very nicely, actually. The response then was like the response now:  A) deny deny deny and b) blame.

Telus won't change, but Telus customers can--so, fellow consumers, take note.  You can be tres careful, rational and nice to Telus folk but bad expensive things can still happen.  And when they do, there will be no recourse.  My contract is almost up, so 
armed with the proper cynicism and distrust, I'll get another plan elsewhere.  And I'm writing to my politicians to support Verizon and more competitors.  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Verizon already flat out said they're not coming to Canada. It's very old news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/verizon-not-entering-canada-s-wireless-market-after-all-1.1339361 (September 2013)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Verizon won't enter the Canadian market because they can't make enough money to warrant the move. If Verizon could make money undercutting the existing Canadian carriers they'd be here already.

As for writing to the politicians, that's part of the reason Verizon won't come. If the only way they can make a business case in Canada is to rely on government support then it's just not going to happen as their business case could fall apart on the next election.

diamondb
Connector
Thanks for the kind advise, but to show you that there is something wrong, some of us we even fear to make that call since they even charge toll free numbers!!!! And that exactly why we express some of our complaint in written. Toll free numbers take long because they are used to solve people's problems, but can image now for whe whole months I ha a limited calls I've made and no one took even five minutes. But where I'm talking I don't think I have even 50minutes up to when my period will end up. So image if I'm I have an emergency and have to use extra charged minutes because I called their toll free number!!!! It sucks a it really say.
Let us just suffer with it until it'll end..,. 😹