Hey Telus! Why do you suck so much?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

I had until the 9th of every month to pay off I had paid off before the 9th of each month and still I got back stabbed. I also made arrangements with AR and was suspended on line as well so that was un fair too.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rodney2007_2007 If you had made your payments on time, this shouldn't have happened. If you still believe that there was a mistake done, I strongly suggest you to call #227 and discuss this matter with their AR department. 

v9
Rockstar

Well in this forum like other ones, users are entitled to emit their opinions freely, but we've to write 'posts' with clearly content of the problem, we want to solve. Describe date & time, person or Telus Dept contacted, what's exactly the issue, we need to be addressed it was solved or pending.

When got a solution in our favour, let's posted in the 'Forum' so other users with same problem, can follow the procedure N' give kudos to Telus, when they solve the case, not only talk duty about its enefficiency. Agree with 'S3love' that "danadube" in his post failed to cited a reason, why Telus S..k. Heehe! slang words isn't allowed. Read forum guidelines, before post.  "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

well I dont care if slang words not alloowed or not I show my point that I was been ripped off and kept all payments up to date. I also told my friends not to joing Telus as well They were shocked to hear my bill was out ragouse cauzse of the late fees.

xray
All-Star
I pay online with CIBC the day it's due or the day before and I've never had a late penalty. Paying at the bank would take a few business days since paper is involved. Either way it's your responsibility to account for any delays in processing. This expectation is there for all payments not just for your phone bill.

Bottom line is having good credit is about how much responsibility one is willing to assume for ones financial obligations. Blaming everyone but yourself for poor planning or laziness only gets you one thing - a bad credit rating.
tsizzle
Ambassador

As basically everyone has pointed out, the late fees are your responsibility not Telus'.

Sounds like they'll be glad to have you leave though, as a customer who:

- Actively complains about the company for reasons outside of their control

- Discourages friends & family from taking their services

- Regularly pays their bill late (to the point you were put on a credit limit program...)

- Calls in regularly to complain

I'm sure Wind will be happy to have you.

wally_west
Ambassador

I agree with tsizzle and at some point, Telus will help you but you have to be honest. The fact that they're a major company doesn't mean that you can be late,yes, in some occasion, they'll be happy to give you a chance and apply a credit (they did it for me once since I had a good reason) but I would understand if they would refuse it if I'm late on a regular basis. I understand that you're no longer a Telus customer Rodney, which is fine but this forum was built to find solutions, helping each other and for positive suggestion as well. How would you react if your employee was to give you your money 4 days later? I'm curious to know what Wind will do once you start being late with them...

Thanks everyone, it's nice to see that we stick together and contributing in a positive way! Cheers!

HMorris
Resident

Well I feel a lot of you will pelt me on this, BUT, as a Canadian who has spent 22 yrs in the US and have now returned, I cannot believe the absolute incompetence of Telus.

They offer door-to-door selling, seriously, who does that?

Optik TV, I signed up and within 2 wks of installation, I am down for 24 hrs or more.

I think Telus is in way over their head on their NEW image.  Very, very unprofessional.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Welcome to the Neighbourhood @HMorris 

A lot of companies, even in the US, do door2door sales. Google has had HUGE success with their Google Fibre build by implementing a sell-as-you-build strategy. It would appear TELUS is doing the same thing as their build out their own fibre optic network. It dramatically cuts costs and ensures revenues post-build. 

iPhone power user
NightWing-Robin
Organizer
Holy Typhoon of Anger Rodney Man!! The Frog @xray The Flash @wally_west and The Pig @tsizzle KAPOW! 'd you good there! I don't think even the Riddler's Wind will have you now!
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NightWing-Robin 

LOL'd  Just need some images:

iu.gif

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
bolamb
Resident
It's employees like Dark Knight a regular contributor why Telus sucks. It sounds like you'd rather work for Togers. Thanks for your irresponsible comment. Telus SUCKS, still.
bolamb
Resident
I see the customer gets crappier customer services the more we complain. This forum is joke you have the same crap customer service you get on the phone. Good bye Telus you still suck.
Highlighted
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Who you callin' an employee @bolamb ?!?!?! Haha. I most definitely am not. 

If you are so unhappy, it's probably in your best interest (and ours) that you leave. Farewell. 

iPhone power user
IliveinnorthernBC123
Neighbour

I was a customer for 25 years - found out that all cables (7) for Sat system were ran though evestrough causing them to continue to not drain and overfill -- rotten out my soffits - 3/8" holes(6) drilled in roof - leaking causing roof damage

So switched to Optic to remove Sat system -- NOW HAVE DOUBLE THE PRICE 1/2 (AT MOST) OF THE CHANNELS WE WATCHED BEFORE - AND INTERNET IS ABOUT 1/2 THE SPEED AND NO LONGER WORKS IN AREAS OFTHE HOUSE

THE INSTALL PRICE WAS DOUBLE WHAT THEY SAID

CAN';T WATCH HD IF SOMEONE IS WATCHING ANOTHER OR RECORDING

SERVICE SUCKS -- TELUS NEVER DOES ANYTHING TILL YOU COMPLAIN THEN -- OH WE FIX IT

NEVER AGAIN WILL THE "TELUS TEAM OF MORONS' SUCK US IN

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IliveinnorthernBC123 Have you tried to contact TELUS about this matter?

IliveinnorthernBC123
Neighbour

A FKN JOKE OF A COMPANY

MANAGERS SUCK THE MOST

SEE YOU IN COURT -

IliveinnorthernBC123
Neighbour

WHAT A FK JOKE

YOU USE THIS FORUM TO GET BACK AT ME NOW BECAUSE I COMPLAINED ......................

SEE YOU IN COURT

Fulbright
Resident

I have been a customer of Telus for 2+ years and its has been a nightmare. I have 2 phones with Telus, and both will randomly go to voice mail without ringing. I have lost job opportunities, I have missed emergency calls, etc. Customer service has done little to nothing about this issue. Only other solution will a bbb complaint along with court action.

I wish there was a company that actually cared for their customers.

wally_west
Ambassador

Sadly, it seems that everyone can write something here. I agree with DK, why don't you simply leave Telus and this forum? billing issues, network issues or phone issues are part of the game when dealing with wireless services. Telus will never be perfect and same thing with bell and Rogers. What's the difference, Telus will reach out and help in many more ways than the other providers do. FYI, you won't be happier with a different carrier since 80% the issue is with the mobile user itself, not the carrier.