Hey Telus! Why do you suck so much?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

danadube
Resident

And why do you continue to get suckyer as time goes on?

I can't wait to be done with you and your suckness...

S3love
Connector

I bet you can't list 1 VALID reason why Telus sucks.  With Rogers overpriced and underperformed services and lack of care & concern for end users and the horror stories I've heard about Bell's customer care, Telus is a Gift From God.

fb
Resident

After 20 years as a Telus Mobility customer and 30 with home phone, I have had enough of the price gouging and lack of customer service and respect. Telus overcharges and when you point it out, as I did with  $250+ on my home account, they advised me they would have to seek manager approval. Repeated calls to Telus had them repeatedly telling me that I would hear back soon, from a customer service rep. That was 5 years ago.

When my husband died, they saw fit, by their own wisdom, to disconnect my phone though it had a credit balance. When I called, they were unable to provide an answer as to  why it was disconnected. They re-connected it...3 days later. And I lost all the voicemail messages my husband had left while in hospital before he died.

I purchased a Telus plan for Europe, turned off all roaming and still have an overage bill and roaming charges regardless of making every effort to track usage by contacting them directly. But now they say that they were actually unable to track usage in real time and only gave a best guesstimate. WRONG! It was under by 200 minutes!!!!

ENOUGH OF THE EXCUSES AND JUSTIFICATION!!!!

GOOD-BYE TELUS!!!!!

Ginnungagap
Ambassador

Greetings fb!

That's definitely unfortunate to hear and we'd like to help. I highly advise calling into 1-866-558-2273 or contacting us via Twitter at https://twitter.com/telussupport regarding this matter so we can look into this further for you.

diamondb
Connector
It really sucks, regard that you can track what you are using, you'll never understand how your calculations are going. I've been with you for a couple of months, but I feel like a hell, so my colleague too.
Though I understand good customers comes from good customer care. I can imagine if I recommend a best friend of mine, unless I want to loose them all.
Remember ,network industry is growing so much. May be we'll have a freedom in that.
Even student now our days have understandable plans where they can receive incoming calls, unlimited texting and reasonable data on affordable price!!but now I can imagine paying $50 or plus and still be charged when receiving a call from someone !!!!
Am I not going to care for my family cuz I now have a phone with Telus mobility whatever called???
Please you need to look into and find what went wrong !
I can't wait for my contract to end or I may even cut it in the middle,before I get a heart attack. So my colleague too!!! What a loss.... 😭
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi guys, if you have concerns or questions you can reach out to TELUS either by phone 1-866-558-2273 or through Twitter at @TELUSsupport or by sending them a private message on their Facebook page.

I hope it helps.

Most Helpful
diamondb
Connector
Thanks for the kind advise, but to show you that there is something wrong, some of us we even fear to make that call since they even charge toll free numbers!!!! And that exactly why we express some of our complaint in written. Toll free numbers take long because they are used to solve people's problems, but can image now for whe whole months I ha a limited calls I've made and no one took even five minutes. But where I'm talking I don't think I have even 50minutes up to when my period will end up. So image if I'm I have an emergency and have to use extra charged minutes because I called their toll free number!!!! It sucks a it really say.
Let us just suffer with it until it'll end..,. 😹
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

It sounds a lot like you just didn't understand how your service worked @telushater9000 - At the end of the day, the onus is on the consumer to make sure they are well informed. If you don't plan on contributing valuable content to this forum, perhaps your time is best spent on the Rogers Redboard http://redboard.rogers.com

iPhone power user
nabeboy
Resident

Here's two reasons:

I just received a sales call from one of Telus' sales reps who WOULD NOT TAKE NO for an answer. Repeated attempts to inform him that I heard the exact sales pitch last month and was not interested was ignored. I eventually hung up on him. Suggestion: train your sales people that "no means no".

Reason 2: the only way to register a complaint is to either call someone (not too good of an idea when the customer is already angry at a phone person) or publicly waving the complaint on a message board.

Up until today I have been happy with this company but when my contract for home service expires, I will start seriously shopping around for alternatives.

My money may not be worth very much to the big businneses out there, but I refuse to be toyed with!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Number 1: That's sales. Ever been to a condominium resort sales event, or a car dealership? No different. You can simply say no thanks and hang up, just like you could walk away from a face to face sales pitch.

Number 2: Then wait until you are calm enough to properly discuss your complaint. While venting on a public forum may make you feel good, it does nothing to resolve your complaint.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
xray
All-Star
"Repeated attempts to inform him that I heard the exact sales pitch last month and was not interested was ignored. I eventually hung up on him." - What was stopping you from saying No just once and then hanging up immediately? Your mistake is trying to convince them you mean no. You don't have to. Don't worry, you won't hurt their feelings. I do it all the time to telemarketers.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

HA HA HA THIS CRACKS ME UP THANKS ALL

NightWing-Robin
Organizer
Great Bowls of Sweet Anger Management Tidbits! That's good stuff @NFtoBC ! Which do u like more anyways?... NF, or BC? lol Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NightWing-Robin I like both for different reasons. I enjoy the sense of community and local music of NL, and the physical beauty, and opportunities for travel and exploration of and around BC.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

I just paid bill a few days ago watch it I bet they will charge me damb late fees like they did for past few months I was so pissed they would not let my cousin take over his number cause I owed 300 some what past due balance what does this have to do with him? Anyhow I am done with you guys this month I have not used the phone I got rid of sim card 3 weeks ago. If I get a late fee for the amount I paid Scew U I aint paying the late fee again.

wally_west
Ambassador

Hi Rodney, paying on time is your responsability, you can blame your provider for different things but not for being late in your payments since you can pay online, from your bank application and with a credit card. You don't want to pay for late fees, simply pau your bill on time, just saying Smiley Happy

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

I have paid before due date I been paying threw bank I cant damb help it it takes 3-5 business  days.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rodney2007_2007  You already know that the payment takes 3 to 5 business days to show on your account. So, the question is how are you surprised to be charged for late fees when you seem to know all about the way it works? Seems weird to me.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

I had a few late payment charges on account I never missed one payment and I got fed up with the darn suprises of late payment so I got rid of you guys 2-3 weeks ago and I had enough of this none since I had credit of 7.some what back thanks to loaltee group. I was on credit limit last FEB 2013 for 4-7 months then got off it then all was fine till I got contract and boom late payments started. and been accused of this.

wally_west
Ambassador

If you that it takes 3-5 business days, why didn't you pay before? I was working for Bell mobility before and I know one thing for sure, the delay is due to the bank's system (for security reasons) not your mobile provider.