cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Telus

Atange
Just Moved In

Telus let me cancel my 2nd line tonight. I attempted to cancel last month and was offered a good rate plan to stay, plus a reduction on the buyout if I wanted to HUP instead of cancel (I do not have a phone for this plan anymore).

I tried to HUP tonight and telus decided to add $15 more to my plan. I drew the line in the sand and said no, i keep my rate plan or i cancel. Telus decided the device buyout was more valuable than 2 years at $55 a month.

So when I payoff this device balnce for phone 2, I am cancelling phone 1 as well. I sue hope you think its worth it telus $110 a month for 2 years is GONE.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

That's definitely unfortunate @Atange 

It's tough with the new 2yr contract restrictions because they still need to recoup the cost of the hardware. Have you considered buying an unsubsidized phone and negotiating a sweet BYOD plan?

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

That's definitely unfortunate @Atange 

It's tough with the new 2yr contract restrictions because they still need to recoup the cost of the hardware. Have you considered buying an unsubsidized phone and negotiating a sweet BYOD plan?

iPhone power user

tsizzle
Leader

Hope you did some research before cancelling if your major concern was monthly price of the plan, you're not going to find a cheaper option for a fully subsidized device. $70/month is the new industry standard for minimum spend, Bell let you get by at $60 if you take their share plan but the data overage charges will hurt.

Tgreencorn
Organizer

The grass isnt always greener on the other side. I was a previous bell customer for 16 years before getting no help at all with an issue i was having. The days of all in $55 plans are long gone. your best bet would be to byod with one of the great low priced phones that are available these days like the nexus 5 or even the new one plus one. you could even buy a prepaid blackberry z10 from futureshop or bestbuy for under $200 plus tax

Donna2
Just Moved In

Telus informed me that our no contract mobile phone service was obsolete.  Since it was an emergency phone, rarely used (came to 70 cents a minute, actually) and the replacement service was more expensive, I chose not to accept the "bargain " replacement, but telus keeps billing me.  Grrrr!

Donna- Just wondering about your phone. What model is it?

The CDMA network is being phased out so some of the older devices will not be working in the near future.