Goodbye Telus

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Telus let me cancel my 2nd line tonight. I attempted to cancel last month and was offered a good rate plan to stay, plus a reduction on the buyout if I wanted to HUP instead of cancel (I do not have a phone for this plan anymore).

I tried to HUP tonight and telus decided to add $15 more to my plan. I drew the line in the sand and said no, i keep my rate plan or i cancel. Telus decided the device buyout was more valuable than 2 years at $55 a month.

So when I payoff this device balnce for phone 2, I am cancelling phone 1 as well. I sue hope you think its worth it telus $110 a month for 2 years is GONE.  

Highlighted
Rockstar

That's definitely unfortunate @Atange 

It's tough with the new 2yr contract restrictions because they still need to recoup the cost of the hardware. Have you considered buying an unsubsidized phone and negotiating a sweet BYOD plan?

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Ambassador

Hope you did some research before cancelling if your major concern was monthly price of the plan, you're not going to find a cheaper option for a fully subsidized device. $70/month is the new industry standard for minimum spend, Bell let you get by at $60 if you take their share plan but the data overage charges will hurt.

Highlighted
Connector

The grass isnt always greener on the other side. I was a previous bell customer for 16 years before getting no help at all with an issue i was having. The days of all in $55 plans are long gone. your best bet would be to byod with one of the great low priced phones that are available these days like the nexus 5 or even the new one plus one. you could even buy a prepaid blackberry z10 from futureshop or bestbuy for under $200 plus tax

Highlighted
Resident

Telus informed me that our no contract mobile phone service was obsolete.  Since it was an emergency phone, rarely used (came to 70 cents a minute, actually) and the replacement service was more expensive, I chose not to accept the "bargain " replacement, but telus keeps billing me.  Grrrr!

Highlighted
Ambassador

Donna- Just wondering about your phone. What model is it?

The CDMA network is being phased out so some of the older devices will not be working in the near future.