cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail account

lgraham241
Just Moved In

Hi a weird thing keeps happening, when I travel to the US, my Gmail account thinks I've been hacked and forces me to change my password, how can I prevent this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That will be something with Gmail. I've gone to the States recently with a Gmail account on my iPhone and had no troubles. (Wifi only, not cellular)

Are you accessing Gmail through a browser, the built-in email app on your phone/tablet or another way? Are you just using wireless or cellular?

To be safe, check the security settings under Settings > Other Google Account Settings

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That will be something with Gmail. I've gone to the States recently with a Gmail account on my iPhone and had no troubles. (Wifi only, not cellular)

Are you accessing Gmail through a browser, the built-in email app on your phone/tablet or another way? Are you just using wireless or cellular?

To be safe, check the security settings under Settings > Other Google Account Settings

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you Nighthawk!  Using a BlackBerry, not Iphone, will check settings, thanks for your advice, I appreciate your time! Laura

My wife has a Z10 with a gmail account. She has no issues when we travel to the US.

Are you using mobile data or WiFi when you travel?