Fired up about Temp. Account Suspension "policis"

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

McJordan
Neighbour

I'm going to Australia for a month or two right after Christmas and am told that, if I choose to use the TAS service, I will not get to keep my rate plan as it is an older one.  I know for a fact that it is possible to keep it because I have had it done in a previous situation.  I have been a customer for over 4 years now and am at the the end of my wits.  If I didn't just re-sign last year I'd be gone too.

This math is what bothers me:

~$75 a month x 2 Months = $150 for a service that will not even be used, as the Telus sim card will be out of the phone.

I was told the current equvalent plan is $30 more and I will lose all the extras I've Earned over the years.  So in 5 months I will have broken even and for the next 19 months  I'll pay an extra $570 with less services, just so I don't have to pay for something I am not even using.   $150 is a couple hours shy of a days work for me and .000000000000001% in a shareholders pocket.   I always thought that good business and customer service is what kept a company in business, not locking people into contracts and gouge them for ever penny they can.

--end rant--

So to my question... what gives telus?

Most Helpful

Hi, who gave you this information? Did you talk with a customer service agent from Telus?  I think you can disconnect your account and a minimal fee will be charge monthly. You should try and contact them again.

Highlighted
McJordan
Neighbour

I had phoned customer serrvice

AdamsDad
Resident
I have a corporate Acct phone as well and called in through their 611# and was told the same thing. They offered to out the vacation suspension on for the 3 months that I needed, for $15/ month (great- do it), only then to be told right before he was to switch me that I "could potentially lose my current plan". And worse- this would represent an increase of $20/mth on my plan, for half the data currently included in the plan (6gb to 3gb). I had switched to Telus last year due to a corporate offer which was by far better than my personal plan, but this is going to affect my decision on re-signing both the lines I have with them. If I was requesting a temporary disconnection, I could understand, but then hiding behind the CRTC changes, (his words) as to why they would have to increase my plan, holds no water with me. I even asked if the same would apply if I did it for only a month, "I would have to take my chances...". Telus, you will have to take your chances with me renewing my contract next year, and with me not recommending your services, or continuing to share this story of poor customer service with others. CRTC, take the issue of more TelCos in our wireless market to a referendum, as I am sure we would all welcome some new competition.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I'm afraid that with the new 2years plan only, the plans are more expensive. I'm afraid you got the correct information. I wouldn't change my plan in your case.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@AdamsDad wrote:
 CRTC, take the issue of more TelCos in our wireless market to a referendum, as I am sure we would all welcome some new competition.

The CRTC has; the public has voted with their wallets.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"