Finally - a solution to my tablet plan billing problem!!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Back in September I put my wife's 7" unlocked dual sim tablet on Telus' tablet planr for those rare occasions when she needed to use it away from our WiFi. However, for some reason, they haven't been able to get the billing correct. Rather than moving through the various tiers, I was always charged the 3.00/mb overage rate.  Pretty pricy! Each month when we hit the 50$ cap I set up, the data turned off and we received a text advising us. Each month I went to Telus and spoke with the very helpful sales staff and they tried to fix the problem. Each time their technical support experts pointed them to the APN file. Each time they made the suggested corrections, and each time the problem was still there. This month I called Telus tech support myself. I must have found the one guy there, Allan, who identified the problem. He told me that the IMEI on my tablet indicated it was a phone, not a tablet so it wouldn't work on Telus. So I went in to their store to replace our tablet with the one  they sell for 150.00.  No problem until I first tried to get a credit for the erroneous charges. Some guy  going by the name of J.P. wouldn't issue a billing correction as he insisted the charges were valid. I tried to explain, the salesperson at the store (129 Riocan Ave Nepean) tried to explain to him, but he said no way. I tried to speak with J.P's supervisor, but he refused to put him on the line. He said the supervisor would call me at home in 24 to 48 hours. No luck. Its been 3 days. So here's how I resolved the problem. I removed the Telus sim card and went shopping for another service provider. Telus lost a subscriber plus the sale of a new tablet. They did get a new disgruntled (and very vocal) ex-client. Today I am on a great plan with Fido. They said our tablet is a"phablet"? but it doesn't matter to them.  Their first tier takes me to 1gigabyte for 15 bucks.  Telus' first tier ends at a mere 10meg! Their second tier (15 dollars) ends at 200meg. I really should have shopped around. Well likely never use more than 500meg on this tablet anyway. As they say, caveat emptor. Buyer beware.

Highlighted
Resident

I'm sorry. I made an error on my first post. My new tablet plan with the new service provider gives 2GB, not 1GB. I was looking at their old pamphlet. Actually, on closer review on line, I got in on an even better promotion and am getting 3GB in their first tier! All data plans are DEFINITELY not created equal!