cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill adjustment?

Sabba
Neighbour

After being a Telus mobility customer since 1999, I was forced to move to Koodo.  Koodo ported my phone number and took care of cancelling the Telus service.  My contract was over in May but I believe I may have overpaid as I was billed in advance for service. (the device was paid off in May). How can find out if there is an adjustment to be made? All my online mobility bills have been purged from my account (I still have a landline) so I can't check it out myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

It just depends if there were any overages on your bill, what day your bill printed and what day Koodo ported you out. If your cycle ended May 17 and you had already paid your invoice after the May 17 invoice had printed then Koodo would need to port you out before the May 17 invoice. You're billed ahead for the rateplan portion and the usage is from up until May 17. So usage would have been accumulated from April 18-May 17 and you'd be paying ahead for a rateplan from May 18-June 17. If Koodo ported you May 18 or later you'd have to pay for another invoice for June 17. If you contract ended May 13 doesn't mean you are no longer obligated to your monthly services bill. You would still need to port out or cancel to stop paying your bill. Those are just some common misconceptions I thought I'd break for you 🙂 You should have been mailed a paper bill. You automatically will be when it's your last invoice. As long as they had your correct address. You can call, chat, or email us anytime! *611 . If you have a credit on your account we can confirm that and either transfer it to your home services account which takes about 7-10 days or send you a check which takes about 4-6 weeks. So if you send the email option just say, this is my correct address and I want a check sent 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Sabba  Reach out to Telus at 1-866-558-2273 so they can look into this for you. Generally if you having a negative balance (credit) on the account you should receive emails stating as such. You can then call Telus to get the credit sent to you.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

It just depends if there were any overages on your bill, what day your bill printed and what day Koodo ported you out. If your cycle ended May 17 and you had already paid your invoice after the May 17 invoice had printed then Koodo would need to port you out before the May 17 invoice. You're billed ahead for the rateplan portion and the usage is from up until May 17. So usage would have been accumulated from April 18-May 17 and you'd be paying ahead for a rateplan from May 18-June 17. If Koodo ported you May 18 or later you'd have to pay for another invoice for June 17. If you contract ended May 13 doesn't mean you are no longer obligated to your monthly services bill. You would still need to port out or cancel to stop paying your bill. Those are just some common misconceptions I thought I'd break for you 🙂 You should have been mailed a paper bill. You automatically will be when it's your last invoice. As long as they had your correct address. You can call, chat, or email us anytime! *611 . If you have a credit on your account we can confirm that and either transfer it to your home services account which takes about 7-10 days or send you a check which takes about 4-6 weeks. So if you send the email option just say, this is my correct address and I want a check sent 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

Thank you for your thorough response.  I had a bit of a horror story happening with trying to get those details out of Telus. I went through the CHAT and the rep the first day was great, the rep I got the next day was completely opposite. 

I wanted confirmation of what my billing period was exactly as I haven't kept a paper bill in YEARS and the second rep kept avoiding it. 

Anyway cutting to the chase, I did end up on DM on Twitter and told that transferring the credit to my landline wasn't option.

"No, unfortunately there's no way to apply the credit to your residential account.

TELUS Support"

Your billing period was from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month."

Soooooo... which is correct transfer credit or not??

No problem! Glad I could help. We can certainly transfer it to your home services account and are actually supposed to promote that option. I have no idea why they would say they can't do that. If you already know your home services account number I would recommend calling Mobility Payment Services directly at 1 800 777 1888. They know how to do it and can do it quite easily. They're open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm PST and Saturday - Sunday 9am-5pm PST. They just need your home services account number. It'll post in 7-10 days 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep

Thanks for your help.  I did get the final bill in the mail and the credit is less than $5.00 

I appreciate your suggestion about calling the number you gave me,  but I don't think I have the energy to go another round with a customer service department.

Just getting old I guess.....

Fair enough! At some point it's just not worth it!

Mobility Client Care Rep