cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebills not available until hours after the notification email is out

BillTelusCust
Rockstar
Like many people, I received an email that stated "Your Telus Mobility Ebill for July is now available online. It showed the amount and a link to click. I clicked on it and the information on the website had not been updated. Therefore, I was unable to pay my bill and it wasted my time. I then realized that this had been happening for quite a long time and wondered why it had not been fixed. I went to the feedback form 'contact us" and realized that it had been made better..I had previously tried to report this billing website issue and had been frustrated by the inability to send feedback. This time, I was successful and did submit the information. I received a call from someone at Telus Mobility today and the conversation seemed to go that "since no one else had reported it this must be an isolated incident and they won't fix it". I guess things don't get fixed at Telus mobility unless several people report it, whether it is a valid problem or not has no bearing upon the situation. Even bringing up the fact that the customer feedback form has not been working well either did not seem to have an effect. It is a good thing that the network appears to work fairly well most of the time, but this customer service experience has indeed been quite disappointing. The problem is that this method of problem solving doesn't work because when I get frustrating experiences like this, it gives me no incentive to report issues in the future.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero
You need to realize when it comes to software that "fixing" something has risks. There needs to be a lot of planning and testing on top of the actual work to do the "fix". A simple 1 hour code fix can expand to weeks worth of work involving many people in order to get the fix tested and deployed without jeopardizing existing services for everybody.

From the individual user's perspective it may seem rather simple but it's not. I'm in the software business (not Telecom) serving millions of Canadians. There is rarely a simple "fix".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero
You need to realize when it comes to software that "fixing" something has risks. There needs to be a lot of planning and testing on top of the actual work to do the "fix". A simple 1 hour code fix can expand to weeks worth of work involving many people in order to get the fix tested and deployed without jeopardizing existing services for everybody.

From the individual user's perspective it may seem rather simple but it's not. I'm in the software business (not Telecom) serving millions of Canadians. There is rarely a simple "fix".

Dimo-X

Hi BillTelusCust,

In addition to what xray mentioned, try reaching out to @TELUSsupport or their Tech support department.  In the meantime, also try using different browsers, and clearing your cache. Robot Indifferent

Regards