cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still have Vacation Disconnect and if so, does it mean you lose your grandfathered plan?

HarkiranK
Just Moved In

I am on the older Promo plan that is 70.00 and has 6 Gb data, unlimited messaging, fav 10 nationwide etc.  In order to get even 4 Gb data now on similar plan will cost about 30.00 MORE per monthly bill. So obviously I don't want to lose my plan! I understand the new plans are unlimited voice, but who actually uses voice much anymore!? I need the data as I am not always near WiFi. But I am soon going to be travelling between Canada, and India where I will be in India for roughly 6 months of the year. I'd like to do vacation disconnect to save money while I am gone (especially since the are I go Telus does not even work to roam with). But if it means my old plan will be gone and my bill will go up by 30.00 a month (and I will end up with 2Gb LESS data for that 30.00 more) then its not worth it. Before you ask if I use the data. Not every month, but most months I am close! I am usually between 3-5 Gb usage.

1 REPLY 1

HarkiranK
Just Moved In

Also, forgot to add I am now month to month for awhile. I can't renew contract because for same reason. I will lose my plan and I can't afford a jump by 30.00 on my Telus bill while receiving less service! I had to buy my newest phone outright to avoid losing this plan!