Do you get charged for the first month ?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi ... When a person sign up with Telus how does the billing work ? I mean let say a person sign up on Sept 16 and his billing cycle is on the 25th of each month , come Sept 25 will this person get a payment charged on that month or will he have to wait until Oct 25 for his first payments to come in ? More or less does Telus hold back the first month and adds it on the following bill cycle ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

For your first bill you will pay a month in advance as well as proration between the day you activate the phone and the bill cycle date you have been given. So based on your example you would pay 9 days plus one full month. And that bill will post after Sept 25th.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
From my recollection, the odd days and the first month are due at time of purchase, and overages or consumption not billable in advance (eg long distance) are billed at the end of the bill cycle.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

Oh , I haven't been charged as of yet ?

Highlighted
Neighbour

TELUS actually has a video that explains this exact situation to you.  Click on this link which goes to the support pages that you can view the video and view other information about your TELUS bill http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/Billing-Support/understanding-your-first-bill.shtml

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

For your first bill you will pay a month in advance as well as proration between the day you activate the phone and the bill cycle date you have been given. So based on your example you would pay 9 days plus one full month. And that bill will post after Sept 25th.

View solution in original post