Do I get my deposit back?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I signed up for a 2year with a iPad included causing me to make a large deposit. I was late on a couple of payments so I never got it back. Now my 2year is ending in a month and I'm wondering if I get it back then? I want to stay with Telus after this but will be switching to business (as long as this whole deposit thing goes well).
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call in to discuss with Telus. At times a deposit will be released sooner by request than if you wait. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Deposits are held for 12 months and can be returned after 12 months of good payment history ie: no late payments, suspensions for not paying or cancellations for not paying. However, in the case that you transfer off a consumer account onto a business account the original consumer account will technically be cancelled. We will automatically return the deposit. It would be returned through a cheque. However you can speed this process along by contacting our payment services department as soon as your number has been transferred to a business account at #227 from your cell phone. If you are staying on a consumer plan and just writing it off as a business expense than the original consumer account is staying in place the same therefore, the original 12 months of good payments rule still applies. Hopefully, this wasn't too confusing! Either way if you want to contact us payment services are the deposit people! #227 from your cell phone 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep