cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get 10% off on my monthly bill if I bring my own device upon renewal?

86park
Just Moved In

I have Note2 that is locked with Telus.

If I renew my contract with this phone, do I get 10% off on my monthly plan?

Thanks.   

9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, if you bring in your own device, you can get the unlimited voice plan for 35$ instead of 55$. This is a 20$ saving per month. Then you have to add a data plan to it. Check TELUS website for more details. I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

S3love
Connector

Should be available ... I brought my Rogers S3 to Telus 2 months ago and I get 10% off any rate plan month to month.

usama
Just Moved In
Hello ET,
I have 5 phones that I wanted to switch from Bell all are unlocked and I did not wish to upgrade them.
I had been told this, $35 unlimited nationwide + whatever data bracket I wish to share between my phones. Unfortunately after transferring two phones with a $15 (250 MB) data bucket I just got a bill for $113 after tax. I would be most obliged if you could kindly advise how to remedy this short of spending another hour or two on the phone. I was assured on three different occasions that there would be a $10 discount per phone. Yet there is only one discount. Very frustrating.

Hi Usama, your first bill will be prorated. Meaning, that you'll be billed for your partial bill period and in full for one month in advance. This is probably why you bill is more than expected. If you are missing discounts on some of your phones I'd recommend calling in and discussing it with a representative.

Dont worry ... they will fix it for you.  Mine was missing at first and once I called to address it, the discount was added and account adjusted accordingly.

MillerRe
Just Moved In

Unfortunately no, the Bring Your Own Device offer is only for new activating customers. After the contract with your current device is up, you can continue month to month at which point you no longer have a minimum monthly spend that you have to make.

Technically the $35 with Unlimited Nationwide Talk and Text doesn't stand as its own plan, it's actually the $45 with a $10 monthly discount for bringing your own phone upon activation.

Telus still offers great savings for existing customers, however they won't be the same offer.

Hope this helps,

RM

tsizzle
Leader

The bring your own device discount depends on what plan you take - for the Share Plus plans its the $35 ($20 off) for the unlimited nationwide plan + data for your account (starts at $15 for 250MB) and for all the other plans, its 10% off your monthly bill. Just call in to have them add it to your account and shouldn't be a problem.

Amanda
Just Moved In
How much is 10 gigs of data a month and how much is 6 gigs of data a month. I moved my device to Telus less than a year ago and was not offered this

Plans that we have at the moment are:

Voice plan with unlimited nationwide calling + standard features such Caller ID, VM, Conference Calling and Call waiting and Unlimited texting within Canada.. will vary depending phone you have.

Shareplus 55 $55 for smartphone like Iphone 4s, 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, BB Z10 & Q10.

Sharelite 45 $45 if you have a Iphone 4 or something similar.

PLUS data add on which can be:

Monthly rate Data included
$15                 250 MB

$25                 500 MB

$30                 1 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$45                 2 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$50                 3 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$65                 6 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$85               10 GB + Bonus 1 GB

Note: +Bonus 1 GB is a promotion that is currently available. Not idea when is it going to be up.

Hope this will help you!

9 REPLIES 9

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, if you bring in your own device, you can get the unlimited voice plan for 35$ instead of 55$. This is a 20$ saving per month. Then you have to add a data plan to it. Check TELUS website for more details. I hope it helps.

S3love
Connector

Should be available ... I brought my Rogers S3 to Telus 2 months ago and I get 10% off any rate plan month to month.

usama
Just Moved In
Hello ET,
I have 5 phones that I wanted to switch from Bell all are unlocked and I did not wish to upgrade them.
I had been told this, $35 unlimited nationwide + whatever data bracket I wish to share between my phones. Unfortunately after transferring two phones with a $15 (250 MB) data bucket I just got a bill for $113 after tax. I would be most obliged if you could kindly advise how to remedy this short of spending another hour or two on the phone. I was assured on three different occasions that there would be a $10 discount per phone. Yet there is only one discount. Very frustrating.

Hi Usama, your first bill will be prorated. Meaning, that you'll be billed for your partial bill period and in full for one month in advance. This is probably why you bill is more than expected. If you are missing discounts on some of your phones I'd recommend calling in and discussing it with a representative.

Dont worry ... they will fix it for you.  Mine was missing at first and once I called to address it, the discount was added and account adjusted accordingly.

MillerRe
Just Moved In

Unfortunately no, the Bring Your Own Device offer is only for new activating customers. After the contract with your current device is up, you can continue month to month at which point you no longer have a minimum monthly spend that you have to make.

Technically the $35 with Unlimited Nationwide Talk and Text doesn't stand as its own plan, it's actually the $45 with a $10 monthly discount for bringing your own phone upon activation.

Telus still offers great savings for existing customers, however they won't be the same offer.

Hope this helps,

RM

tsizzle
Leader

The bring your own device discount depends on what plan you take - for the Share Plus plans its the $35 ($20 off) for the unlimited nationwide plan + data for your account (starts at $15 for 250MB) and for all the other plans, its 10% off your monthly bill. Just call in to have them add it to your account and shouldn't be a problem.

Amanda
Just Moved In
How much is 10 gigs of data a month and how much is 6 gigs of data a month. I moved my device to Telus less than a year ago and was not offered this

Plans that we have at the moment are:

Voice plan with unlimited nationwide calling + standard features such Caller ID, VM, Conference Calling and Call waiting and Unlimited texting within Canada.. will vary depending phone you have.

Shareplus 55 $55 for smartphone like Iphone 4s, 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, BB Z10 & Q10.

Sharelite 45 $45 if you have a Iphone 4 or something similar.

PLUS data add on which can be:

Monthly rate Data included
$15                 250 MB

$25                 500 MB

$30                 1 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$45                 2 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$50                 3 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$65                 6 GB + Bonus 1 GB

$85               10 GB + Bonus 1 GB

Note: +Bonus 1 GB is a promotion that is currently available. Not idea when is it going to be up.

Hope this will help you!