Despicable service Act

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

I was a Telus customer for at least 15 years, but I consider your recent action regarding my account quite despicable and I will be taking my service elsewhere.

My wife and I were amongst the first iPhone 4 customers in Moncton and we had a contract for 3 years that included 1 GB data per phone (along with other features.) That plan expired but we continued on a month to month basis. However, as some point, our data plan was modified (reduced) without our knowledge.  

Recently, a customer service representative contacted me regarding my plan usage. When I reviewed my plan details, I mentioned the missing data and was told that I could not get that data plan as it was no longer available, and the only way to get the 2GB data was to switch to a more expensive plan (which had fewer features that I wanted.)

The fact that Telus broke my contract terms without my knowledge and then would not honour those original terms has made me re-evaluate my relationship with the company. As such, I will be switching to one of your competitors - regardless of the cost. You have just lost two long-term customers.

F.

Yarker, ON

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

That's definitely unfortunate @gfsheppard 

This is a great example of why it's so important to read your monthly bill every month. TELUS, like all carriers, must include changes in service terms at least 30 days before they come into effect. 

If this is what happened, you may want to escalate using the link provided above or call and speak with their loyalty team. 

Judging by your post, it sounds like you are pretty upset. It might be a good idea to cool off a little first too. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rockstar

Telus Mobility Escalation

https://mobility.telus.com/youraccount/contact-us.portal?e=t

The Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

So your contract ended after three years and you were only on month to month? Even though it ended they shouldn't have changed the the features. Did you look at all your monthly statements for notes indicating the service was changing? I'm not sure if Telus technically broke the contract terms as you had no contract anymore.
When my 3 year contract expired I asked what would happen if I stayed on month to month since the new contracts were overpriced and I was told it is possible, though not likely, that what I have could change as I'm not locked into a contract anymore.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

That's definitely unfortunate @gfsheppard 

This is a great example of why it's so important to read your monthly bill every month. TELUS, like all carriers, must include changes in service terms at least 30 days before they come into effect. 

If this is what happened, you may want to escalate using the link provided above or call and speak with their loyalty team. 

Judging by your post, it sounds like you are pretty upset. It might be a good idea to cool off a little first too. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post