Deposits

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I had to pay a deposit when i started my cell service. After a year i was in good standing and got my deposit back, now i am thinking of putting my wife on my account and have the second line. We dont need a phone she already has one. My question is since i showed good credit with twlus are they gonna make me give a deposit again to add her to my account and have a second phone on my account
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Likely not. I suggest calling to see what happens.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Rockstar

They shouldn't ask for a second deposit, because your credit with Telus is good. My daughter did this, not with a security deposit, but with an initial 200.00 credit limit until her credit with Telus was proven. She has since added two lines to her account without issue. Once your credit is proven, however it's done, you're just like any other customer with good credit.

Highlighted
Neighbour

No there is no deposit needed as long as you are able to add a line on to the account. Also there is a 100 discount bonus when you are adding a line on to your account, as long as your wife is getting a new phone. I am a Telus representative and i just linked on to the neighborhood, if you can email me i would be more than glad to look up your account and tell you what you are entitled to.