cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage dates different on phone compared to telus site..

nat82
Just Moved In

My phone tells me the data I have used from Sept 1st to Sept 30th is 1.85GB/3GB. However when I check my data usage on the telus site, it shows the cycle being Sept 11th to Oct 10th with data usage currently at 936MB/3072MB.
My question is, which one do I pay attention to so I don't go over my data for the "cycle"? I'm assuming the website but I just want to be sure. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The website will be the one to go by. Your phone is using the 1st of the month instead of the date your plan started on. You should be able to change that in the settings on the phone in most cases.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The website will be the one to go by. Your phone is using the 1st of the month instead of the date your plan started on. You should be able to change that in the settings on the phone in most cases.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Your phone has no way to know when your service dates are, unless you set the dates. As @Nighthawk stated, you can adjust the dates your phone measures in the settings where you view the consumption.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

nat82
Just Moved In

Great. Thank you both 🙂