Data upgrade

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Ja3
Resident

Hi,

I'm new to Telus. Is there a fee if I want to upgrade my cellphone plan to add more data? (not as an add-on but as a more costly monthly plan with more data). Also, if I upgrade mid-cycle, does the new plan become active immediately or do I have to wait until my new cycle starts? Thank you!

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, you can change your plan to one that better meets your needs at any time. Both plans will be adjusted to allow for the date of change. You'll get a rebate for part of the month on the old plan, and a reduced rate for the new one, as each will be prorated for the month. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Ja3
Resident

Great, thank you! Can I then assume that the additional data in the new plan is prorated also? So in other words, I'll get a portion of the additional data so that I'll get a llittle more data in this cycle than I had with the old plan?

Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge the data is not prorated, just the minutes. If you want to wait to the end of your billing period, you can purchase up to three data add-on packages of 300 MB or 1GB to tide you over. Just login to My Account, and look at your plan and add on options. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Technically there is. It's a $15 rate plan fee. It's charged if you change your plan more than once every 12 months. Minus renewing or acting new devices! You can change your data, upgrade it (not downgrade) in the app anytime for free. It's super simple. You just login and go to plans and devices> underneath where it says Your Plan click on Data & Add-ons > scroll to the bottom and click on the change monthly data > and choose which one you want and confirm!

If you ever want to downgrade the data you have to do it in the Desktop version. 

Mobility Client Care Rep