Changing data plan

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I wanna lower my data limit because it's kinda pricy, do I do it before a new cycle begins or when the new one begins? I'm worried if the changes are immediate I'll have a huge bill since I would be well over my new limit.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are on an older 6GB plan, you may not save much money with a 2GB plan. I'd call Telus and ask what is available. They may have something special they can offer you (depends who you talk to there). If not the website lists the current prices if they put you on a new contract for the change or if Telus opted to charge those rates.

Current plan options (AB/BC/ON):

• SharePlus with 2GB - $90/mo
  • SharePlus with 6GB - $125/mo
  • Telus Lite 55 with up to 1GB - $95/mo

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rockstar

@mcmuffing91: Welcome-we're not sure, what exactly are you trying to do?. You said "I wanna lower my Data-limit 'cause is too pricy, do I do it before a new cycle begins". How you intend to do that by [Calling TELUS to Lower your assigned Data or Set a Data limit in the phone] I'm not aware that a User, can cancel or reduce his Data-Usage once signed up for it.

We know Smartphones it has settings to reduce the (Data limit or Deactivate the report of that data) But in the practice it's been proved-that Set data limit it doesn't Stop the consumption. PS post back to forum-with the kind of account, Phone brand, amount of data you've right now. N' anybody here will reply you. CU <v9>

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
You know just change my plan to a lower data plan, it's 6gb now but I wanna lower it to 2gb
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are on an older 6GB plan, you may not save much money with a 2GB plan. I'd call Telus and ask what is available. They may have something special they can offer you (depends who you talk to there). If not the website lists the current prices if they put you on a new contract for the change or if Telus opted to charge those rates.

Current plan options (AB/BC/ON):

• SharePlus with 2GB - $90/mo
  • SharePlus with 6GB - $125/mo
  • Telus Lite 55 with up to 1GB - $95/mo

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post