Changing Phone No from Saskatchewan to Ontario

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi

I am on 3 year contract with telus(23 months Remaining).

I have moved to Toronto,ON.

what will happen when i call Telus to change my saskatoon no(306 area code) to Toronto(416 Area code).

will my plan and bill remain the same with same features.

Thnx

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Give Telus Mobolity a call.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Yes your plan is going to remain the same the only thing that is going to change is your number, as well you can change the number from your online account or you can call *611 there is no charge to do this process over the phone. 🙂 I hope this would help you.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

The only differences would be when you are charged long distance (i.e. calling back home = long distance, calling toronto w/ 416 number = local), if your plan already includes it then wouldn't be any change. Otherwise the rate plans offered for activations & renewals are all dependent on where you live, check the website for your province to see which is better.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi pawanz,

If you move from Sk to Qc, it is possible that you will be required to change your rate plan. TELUS offers specific plans for SK, some of them are only for SK use. Best way to find out is to contact TELUS.

@TELUSsupport over Twitter, Facebook private message to TELUS or call at 1-866-558-2273.

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Give Telus Mobolity a call.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Yes your plan is going to remain the same the only thing that is going to change is your number, as well you can change the number from your online account or you can call *611 there is no charge to do this process over the phone. 🙂 I hope this would help you.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

The only differences would be when you are charged long distance (i.e. calling back home = long distance, calling toronto w/ 416 number = local), if your plan already includes it then wouldn't be any change. Otherwise the rate plans offered for activations & renewals are all dependent on where you live, check the website for your province to see which is better.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi pawanz,

If you move from Sk to Qc, it is possible that you will be required to change your rate plan. TELUS offers specific plans for SK, some of them are only for SK use. Best way to find out is to contact TELUS.

@TELUSsupport over Twitter, Facebook private message to TELUS or call at 1-866-558-2273.