Cancelling Under New Wireless Code

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

seabromd
Resident

As I was reading about it, it sounds like the new CRTC wireless code applies retroactively. I'm looking for clarification on this; specifically, does this mean that as of December 2, 2013 I can cancel my contract without having to pay off my device balance? I will be at the 2 year mark at that point.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

The code takes effect on December 2, 2013 to the extent that all contracts going forward must be compliant with the new rules & all existing contracts by June 2015. If you signed a 3-year contract before June 2012 (June 2015 - 3 years), you are still responsible for the full 3rd year of service.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

The code takes effect on December 2, 2013 to the extent that all contracts going forward must be compliant with the new rules & all existing contracts by June 2015. If you signed a 3-year contract before June 2012 (June 2015 - 3 years), you are still responsible for the full 3rd year of service.

View solution in original post