Can I still renew my three year plan without any add-ons?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Saratonin
Resident
I am currently on a three year student plan and it has everything I need in a phone plan. Is there any way to continue this plan after my contract ends?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NikkiNiki9Doors
Helpful Neighbour

Good Day,

If you are renewing or would like a new handset you will be required to change your rate plan as per the new CRTC ruling.  We have several new rate plans that clients can take advantage of.

If you do not renew your contract you can keep your rate plan but if you have promotion features you may lose them when your contract ends.

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

The previous response is completely inaccurate, you are not automatically forced to change your rate plan when renewing. TELUS has made certain exceptions of plans they will not let you keep but the majority you can. Plans they're not letting people keep are typically $50-65 with 6GB of data, if you have one of these you'll have to change when renewing.

You can keep your plan indefinitely if you buy your phone outright (not on contract).

All Replies
Most Helpful
NikkiNiki9Doors
Helpful Neighbour

Good Day,

If you are renewing or would like a new handset you will be required to change your rate plan as per the new CRTC ruling.  We have several new rate plans that clients can take advantage of.

If you do not renew your contract you can keep your rate plan but if you have promotion features you may lose them when your contract ends.

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

The previous response is completely inaccurate, you are not automatically forced to change your rate plan when renewing. TELUS has made certain exceptions of plans they will not let you keep but the majority you can. Plans they're not letting people keep are typically $50-65 with 6GB of data, if you have one of these you'll have to change when renewing.

You can keep your plan indefinitely if you buy your phone outright (not on contract).

tsizzle
Ambassador

One correction, if you're currently spending <$70 a month you will be asked to take more add-ons if you want to keep your plan.