Call log shows 99999

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I just recently spent some time in the US. I had roam like home enabled, and understand that this will charge me $7 per 24 hours of use of my home plan. On inspection of my billing for my current cycle it shows in my call logs the number 99999 and shows a $7 charge for it. I am assuming this is the roam like home charge, is that correct? If so, It shows two of these charges at the exact same time, on the same day. It also shows a different time than the time I began using my phone on those days (I was not traveling outside of my time zone so there is no time difference )

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mobility_Princess

Yes the 99999 is a placeholder. Not for the call itself, but the initiation of the EasyRoam period, as you suggest in your later paragraph. Below is an example.  Many of these periods were initiated by a SMS exchange. You can see that the reporting of the use does not necessarily match 24 hour periods, nor particular initiation of service instances. For instance the call made on Friday morning Mar 10 resulted in a 99999 at 4:12 that afternoon. So, as you state, the reporting of the international use is not necessarily directly correlated with the instance which caused it.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 4.05.55 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Care to share the segment of your bill with these charges?  We are all customers here, and have no access to your account.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The 9999 is just filler for the number that you called. As long as the 9999 is on the same line as the $7 charge. The billing team just needed to put some kind of filler beside the $7 charge in the section of number that you called so they put some 9's. So if I understand, I'm going to create an example below:

Line 47 time 11:48am number called 99999 Location Phoenix, Arizona Charge $7 Date May 15

Line 48 time 11:48am number called 99999 Location Phoenix, Arizona Charge $7 Date May 15

Those aren't in order and not how the bill looks but, you got charged on the same date for the $7 2x? And you're saying you maybe used the pass around like 10am or something? The using of the phone and when the charge shows up on the billing is a delay between when our roaming partners tell  us that you've used the device. So that part you don't have to be worried about. If you used it at a different time than shows up on the bill. When you are physically there and use your device you should get a text telling you, you've been charged for easy roam. Not everyone gets it though. The 24 hours is based on the time you use the device. The only thing that should be causing a large discrepancy would be if perhaps you had your data on. If you wanted to really control  your $7 charges and know exactly when your time of the 24 hours starts and when it ends. You need to have the data off until you want to be charged and have your 24 hours begin. Otherwise the device can be using data without your knowledge and triggering the $7 to start earlier. It would be highly unlikely to have it start later. So if the billing partners are reporting that it started later than bonus for you because that' extending your easy roam. If you have been double billed for the same day, call in because that sounds like a billing error but, would need to be investigated. It could be leftover charges from up to 90 days ago. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mobility_Princess

Yes the 99999 is a placeholder. Not for the call itself, but the initiation of the EasyRoam period, as you suggest in your later paragraph. Below is an example.  Many of these periods were initiated by a SMS exchange. You can see that the reporting of the use does not necessarily match 24 hour periods, nor particular initiation of service instances. For instance the call made on Friday morning Mar 10 resulted in a 99999 at 4:12 that afternoon. So, as you state, the reporting of the international use is not necessarily directly correlated with the instance which caused it.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 4.05.55 PM.png

NFtoBC

View solution in original post