cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Auto-topup

mpa
Coach

Is there a way to Auto topup my balance only when it gets below $5, and not ever 30 days?   Since i auto renew a 30 day plan, my balance shouldnt expire.  But i dont need to topup my account as often as 30 days, this would just creat a a large balace/credit on my account that is really not necessary.  I would much prefer to keep my money in my own bank account and not in Telus' bank account.   Let's get this done Telus! 

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My understanding is that my top-up credit won't expire as long as i auto renew my 30 day plan.  Is this correct? 

View solution in original post

As long as you top-up before the expiry date, you'll keep the money in your balance.

montgom
Neighbour

Don't know about the rest of you but I am just about fed up with the auto-top-ups.  Telus must be getting interest on a whole lot of our balances.  Perhaps we shouldjust buy $100 cards and be done with it. Or we could switch carriers. Any ideas?

geo

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not sure they see a lot of interest from the $18 in my account. I top up with $10 /mo, have a $10 data plan, and add a few bucks every so often as I need to keep a positive balance for voice calls.

It took two calls to get it set up, as I couldn't do it through the self serve web site, but it works just fine. I can now use my iPhone for about $150 per year.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

My understanding is that my top-up credit won't expire as long as i auto renew my 30 day plan.  Is this correct? 

Question asked again, because no answer was given!   

Maybe i will clarify.  My 30 day plan auto renews, but i do not want to auto renew the top up credits.  Reading the fine print, my understanding is that my top up balance should carry over without topping up every month as long as my 30 day plan is renewed .   Am i correct in my understanding? 

7 REPLIES 7

WongTong
Leader

It's not possible. The minimal 10$ top up has a 30 day expiry, therefore you need to top up at least every 30 days or 60 days if you purchase a 25$  or 50$ card. There's also the 100$ card that's good for a full year.

As long as you top-up before the expiry date, you'll keep the money in your balance.

Question asked again, because no answer was given!   

Maybe i will clarify.  My 30 day plan auto renews, but i do not want to auto renew the top up credits.  Reading the fine print, my understanding is that my top up balance should carry over without topping up every month as long as my 30 day plan is renewed .   Am i correct in my understanding? 

dread
Just Moved In

I have had such an account for several years now using auto-topup at $10 per month. I only use the phone several times per month and so my balance keeps growing by about $5 per month. It is currently around $150. I have not monitored it religiously, but I don't believe I have ever lost any money from the account. In my particular case however, it is unlikely that I will ever actually use the balance and it will just continue to grow. Nevertheless, this is still the cheapest way I know of to have a cellphone.

montgom
Neighbour

Don't know about the rest of you but I am just about fed up with the auto-top-ups.  Telus must be getting interest on a whole lot of our balances.  Perhaps we shouldjust buy $100 cards and be done with it. Or we could switch carriers. Any ideas?

geo

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not sure they see a lot of interest from the $18 in my account. I top up with $10 /mo, have a $10 data plan, and add a few bucks every so often as I need to keep a positive balance for voice calls.

It took two calls to get it set up, as I couldn't do it through the self serve web site, but it works just fine. I can now use my iPhone for about $150 per year.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"