cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there extra charges for texting or data when using a BC telus phone in Alberta?

jringma
Just Moved In

Travelling to Alberta next week and want to use my phone for texting and data.  Will I get dinged for additional charges?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jonathan
Advocate

As far as I know, no. The only roaming charges you'll incur is if you make a phone call to a number outside of the area you're travelling in. I think this was an issue with older wireless plans when data was first introduced years ago that has since been dealt with.

View solution in original post

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Receiving calls would have roaming charges too?

realcharmer
Friendly Neighbour

I travelled from Alberta to Nova Scotia last fall, and I don't recall being charged for texts or data. I was charged long distance for calls I made, but I can't remember about calls received--probably was.

Artemis
Ambassador

Anywhere within Canada texting and data will be considered domestic. There will be no other/additional charges.

4 REPLIES 4

Jonathan
Advocate

As far as I know, no. The only roaming charges you'll incur is if you make a phone call to a number outside of the area you're travelling in. I think this was an issue with older wireless plans when data was first introduced years ago that has since been dealt with.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Receiving calls would have roaming charges too?

realcharmer
Friendly Neighbour

I travelled from Alberta to Nova Scotia last fall, and I don't recall being charged for texts or data. I was charged long distance for calls I made, but I can't remember about calls received--probably was.

Artemis
Ambassador

Anywhere within Canada texting and data will be considered domestic. There will be no other/additional charges.