Account

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Lyndon
Resident

How does someone with a $200 credit limit get their phone turned off with a balance of only $97.53

Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, overdue payments, even if less than $200 are subject to service cuts. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Lyndon
Resident
Yes but my account wasn't over due

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then you will need to contact Telus directly. The participants in the Neighbourhood are customers, just like you, and have no access to your account information.  The various methods to contact Telus are in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Your Credit Limit Program is calculated based on billed and unbilled charges. Unbilled charges means your current usage. So if your bill prints on the 27th of each month and today is August 22nd, your balance is $97 and change. The credit limit program calculates any overages you are incurring. So if you have gone over data or started incurring long distance, that can put you over the $200 even though your next bill hasn't printed. A lot of fees customers doesn't think about that might be being calculated during that awkward time too would be the reconnection fee of $35 if you were suspended in the previous month. That's why you would suspend. There is a current billing issue right now too where customer's whose bills printed between Aug 9- 15 aren't showing up in the app/telus.com but, you will have a second balance owing. So you may have another bill printed and not showing up in those places. You said your $97 isn't past due though so it sounds more like overages. 

Mobility Client Care Rep