cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Credit

lazybrowndog
Neighbour

I had made a complaint and a Telus rep offered me a credit on my account. Out of curiosity, if I were to cancel my service (my contract has ended) would I get that amount refunded, or would that just be a loss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tsizzle
Leader

Hi lazybrowndog,

v9 is partially right regarding the credits, ideally you should wait for the credit to show up on your bill before cancelling, however if you call in to cancel, they will deduct it from your final owing amount if you want the change processed at that exact moment.

That being said, v9 is also incorrect with regard to the 30 day cancellation policy, that only applies to residential services (TV, Home Phone & Internet) and does not apply to wireless services.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

v9
Rockstar

lazybrowndog wrote: I had made a complaint and a Telus rep offered me a credit on my account. Out of curiosity, if I were to cancel my service (my contract has ended) would I get that amount refunded, or would that just be a loss?

Welcome to Forum.telus @lazybrowndog: It depends if you're a good negotiator-Hehe!..Obviously anybody in your place, would wait for the "Credit-first" before notify Telus-About cancel the service (30-Advance notice-before take effect) BREAKING News: [30-Days cancellation policies-Banned] Read more >> http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm . Would take effect since Jan-23-2015.

But think twice which "Telecom will get your business" Nowadays in the Canadian wireless market-TELUS.com: Is the best option in national coverage, competitive rates, few drop calls & complaints reduction in 2014. My advice Stay with Telus <v9

ATTENTION @lazybrowndog: Thanks for post back, with your points of view. Re: Switching plan or carrier, take in account the reasons to Stay with TELUS-Mentioned above. Coverage is a factor with "Virgin mobile"..Re: 30-day Cancellation notice is a Great news, we've to confirmed if is complied by the Telecoms. Any member-Admin-Mod have fresh Info.PS posted. CU <v9

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?

lazybrowndog
Neighbour

Thank you for the reply, v9! I'm just having a difficult time deciding if I want to upgrade to a newer phone, and therefore a higher rate plan (in which case I will stick with Telus), or if I want to go with an older model and a lower rate plan (one device I'm looking at is only available with Telus on a $70 plan; Virgin has the same device for a $45 plan, $0 for the phone).

Also, thanks for the notification re: the 30-day cancellation policy. I knew it was ending soon, but didn't know the date.

tsizzle
Leader

Hi lazybrowndog,

v9 is partially right regarding the credits, ideally you should wait for the credit to show up on your bill before cancelling, however if you call in to cancel, they will deduct it from your final owing amount if you want the change processed at that exact moment.

That being said, v9 is also incorrect with regard to the 30 day cancellation policy, that only applies to residential services (TV, Home Phone & Internet) and does not apply to wireless services.