cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLE-Pay: In Canada by March-2015

v9
Rockstar

ATTENTION: To those iPhone users waiting for the Apple-PAY Implementation in Canada. It won't happen, until March-2015- According with this (iPhone In Canada-Source) Jan-09-2015: Here's the link. If Not open by left/click-Try right-click +open:  http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/apple-pay-canada-march/

Negotiations are taking place, with most Financial Institutions. However it's been known that (Tim Horton's & Subway) Are using the Payment, since Oct-2014. Anybody Up there-have more INFO or would like to Comment on the "Security & Encryption" of Credit cards on this PAY system..Welcome! : Read comments on iPhone In CA-Too. Stay Tuned! <v9

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@NighthawkAndroid phones, and Blackberry devices for that matter, have had similar functionality for years, but the implementation is drastically different. 

On Blackberry and Android, the phones required a special NFC SIM card with a secure element (basically a chip that stores all of your confidential info and does not have access to anything on-device). This led to slow adoption because 1) most Android devices sold are low-mid range and did not support this functionality due to poor OS support (do people even have Blackberries now? lol) and, 2) It required carrier involvement.

I own an iPhone 6 and i'm excited to see this functionality supported in the near future. 

All of that said, this topic might make more sense on an iPhone board or something. Maybe one of the admins can bring those back. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What does this have to do with someone's Telus Mobility Account?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk wrote:

What does this have to do with someone's Telus Mobility Account?

THANKS To-Nighthawk for his observation. Do you've access to the (Swapping Post-Tool) PS- Drop the Post on either the "Mobility Services or Devices board" Still members, would be able to read it & reply if they want to.

There're a lot of post here unrelated, with the (Mobility acct). But anyway-What's your opinion about this issue.? ..I welcome more replies. Stay Tuned! @v9

The future is unknown?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since you posted the spam article 10 days after it was originally posted, odds are most members that pay attention to tech news will have read it a long time ago. Few people will really care about this since Android phones have had this function in Canada for some time, yet you never see anyone actually use it, and Android devices outnumber iPhones.

Again if you're looking for replies/discussion try posting to Reddit. They have millions of active users. Most users on the forums here do not comment on things. Most that do post here will be looking for help with Telus related questions or issues.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk-Latest-Reply: 1) Yes, the Post about Apple-Pay is 10-days older. But be careful rated as Spam article. My Kaspersky AV-RUBotted & MBAM-Didn't detect anything on (iPhone In CA-Site)

2) That's correct most "iPhone users" have already read out, about Apple-Pay-system. But always there's a % that didn't read it. 3) YES-I admit a lack of replies. 4) Regarding to posted in Reddit-Thanks, but No thanks. I'll start to reply-No Edit

Note: You address only the negative-Side of my posts & fail answer the question at times.

To RECAP: I turned to 12 yrs. As TELUS mobility user. As such I'm entitled to registered in the forum. I'll continuous to Post & reply to comply, with my duties as "Active Member" Until I get banned for an inappropriate report content,.Hu-Ha! ..Ready to leave anytime. Comments on Apple-Pay send it to: http://forum.telus.com/  Thks <v9>

ATTENTION: Nighthawk & NftoBc. I fixed the spelling error of the verb. Read: in the sentence. "have already red out. Its past tense is not red is "READ as well"  

The future is unknown?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The article itself doesn't have malware so antivirus won't pick anything up. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Re: "PS red is a colour. read is when someone reads things" Are you ref.. to the. 2) >>2nd sentence quoted "have already red out"..Is in PAST tense: [Red=past: Read=present].

You may wish to review a dictionary, @v9 where I believe you'll find the difference between red and read.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@NighthawkAndroid phones, and Blackberry devices for that matter, have had similar functionality for years, but the implementation is drastically different. 

On Blackberry and Android, the phones required a special NFC SIM card with a secure element (basically a chip that stores all of your confidential info and does not have access to anything on-device). This led to slow adoption because 1) most Android devices sold are low-mid range and did not support this functionality due to poor OS support (do people even have Blackberries now? lol) and, 2) It required carrier involvement.

I own an iPhone 6 and i'm excited to see this functionality supported in the near future. 

All of that said, this topic might make more sense on an iPhone board or something. Maybe one of the admins can bring those back. 

iPhone power user

ScottyJ
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@Dark_Knight  We're thinking about more specific boards to be sure, but there's a few considerations to be made.

Oh and I think @xl  might have a Blackberry perspective. Haha.

ScottyJ

ATTENTION: @ScottyJ: Dark_Night: NftoBc-Nighthawk-nasty-xl-xray & wally_west_ or any other member, would like to comment on it welcome! .Would you support the IDEA to create a Blog called "Multi-Mobile Operation Systems-BLOG" Instead of create an iPhone board or website. I think there was 1-before (y/n)

Why not think on a more widely blog. Where members could posted. Any News or latest Updates on a particular-Phone brand. Usually in the forum, we normally only ask questions & replies.

I left the idea to get improved, with opinions from the "Top-Authors" above mentioned or ScottyJ-Considered unrealistic. Let's debate about that. OR tell <v9> mind his own business. Huha! 

ATTENTION: Here's the latest News, about : Apple Pay in Canada-open link please for more..

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/tim-cook-confirms-apple-watch-shipping-in-april/..

The future is unknown?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

"Multi-Mobile Operation Systems-BLOG"? Unfortunately I find that is a very unattractive name. There has never been a general forum here previously. One likely reason is it could turn into a spam free for all.

If you want to take the lead and create a forum to have the discussion, here are some suggestions where you can create one where you could be in charge:

Or join an existing community:

@Nighthawk wrote:

"Multi-Mobile Operation Systems-BLOG"? Unfortunately I find that is a very unattractive name. There has never been a general forum here previously. One likely reason is it could turn into a spam free for all.

If you want to take the lead and create a forum to have the discussion, here are some suggestions where you can create one where you could be in charge:

Or join an existing community:

Thanks for reply @Nighthawk: Well re-reading some replies on this post: Dark_Night talks in the last line "Quoted-this topic make more sense on an iPhone board or.."Then the ADMIN ScottyJ-Replied..We're thinking about more specific boards to be sure.

It came to my mind, why not create a BLOG with: iOS-Android-WPhone-Blacberry's-All in 1-Site. Don't like the name, propose another one. Agree that could attract a sort of spam, but that is risk in any Site visited. I've No idea how to create a forum, neither pretend operated it.

To join other websites mentioned above, not time to do so. However I log in (Phandroid & iPhone in Canada) just as reader. Thx for comment on it & wait for more replies. Regards <v9>

THANKS @Nighthawk for latest reply. Re: "Multi-Mobile Operation Systems-Blog" creation wouldn't be worthy-Taken in account the implications exposed. But if other members or Admin-mods get different Idea-PS Posted it. 

The future is unknown?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The other main issue is that there are hundreds if not thousands of news websites out there. The extreme majority update content extremely fast, including live as events happen. Some are more competent and trustworthy than others also. (iPhoneInCanada is not in that list for me as it's a low-end WordPress blog) It's extremely unlikely with the huge number of popular news sites that users would come here only to be redirect back to a news site again. And for discussion, only huge websites with massive user bases will have that. Most users lurk on forums.

PS: The link you posted at the end of your last reply is broken as the low end blog removed that news story.