A battle against unfair "Data charges"

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

v9
Rockstar

Recently I posted in "My mobility Account" an excesive charges on my data usage add-on. Changed Ph# N' signed up for a plan called (BYOD -Voice $35 +500 Mb @ $15.00) Went overlimit, with the data with $35.00 - in march got a bill of $106.00 - including other charges. Consulted an agent, who admit errors & brough the bill to $83.98-fairly enough.

On this month by Apr/18th - I finished my 500 Mb - overcharges starts. On Apr/29 - I've $43.00 -  surcharges, I made the math [1Mb's X0.05 ctvs and none of them matched, so I scalated the case by writing an e-mail + sent it. Quickly I got the robotic <Do not reply answer> but contains a Ph# to call, so here we'go.

Agent, hello Mr 'X' can I helpU. We went quickly to the point, reviewed everything, he said actually we've a bug in the system that measured the 'Data' hold it for 5min. To make this long story short, he came back with a discount (from $43.17 to $21.92) Best of all, he offeredMe (1GB for $20.00) other agents said it cost $30.00 - So done deal. Got a comfirmation e-mail. The call center is in USA-Agents here really, have power to make changes  < ReadMe-soon >   "v9"  

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
river
Coach

wow good deal for you and very smart when they offer you someting good TAKE IT  as i waited 2 weeks to activate it

after it was offered to me....it was in the notes on my file and all i had to do was to call in and activate it.. It has now dissapeared from there system its just plain gone ???? my new plan they offered  is 3 times higher !!!!!

this it not a good way to do buisness as i have no choice i was forced into a no good plan 

telus seems to change daily  and not for the good  

really to bad as they once were great to deal with ..

Highlighted

Hi v9, good for you and thanks for sharing. in regards to River's situation, I think that Telus will be able to do something about it, my advice would be for him to try and reach the Social media team on Facebook or Twitter. The key is to be able to read the notes on the account in order to be able to find the previous offer.

v9
Rockstar

I've red out your answer "SuperFred" thks for.Ur support this kind of comments, keep us united no like others, who try to create division. But like Jesuschrist said there's all kind of christians in the Neighbourhood, let It's be said John lenon. 

I'd to hear your opinion or any body else. Like I said I managed to get (1Gb of data) When I open my account it showed on the add-ons, right hand size, [L&R = $20.00 - 1GB=1024 Mb's] What do they mean by [L&R] Might not relevant, but I'm curious about it. In another front, I'm glad to be member of this forum, I can find answer to most of my concerns. So the " Futures is unknown" my new slogan- Huhuu-hahaa!   <ReadMe soon>  "v9"

The future is unknown?
river
Coach

thanks for your advise SuperFred ...

i contacted them through fb and got it all worked out :-)

Happy to help, thanks for letting me know about it.

Most Helpful
xray
All-Star

@v9

"When I open my account it showed on the add-ons, right hand size, [L&R = $20.00 - 1GB=1024 Mb's] What do they mean by [L&R] Might not relevant, but I'm curious about it."

FYI: "L&R" is "Loyalty and Retention"

v9
Rockstar

Hey! What you upto - xray: Thank you for answer the question. I didn't expect an answer anymore, but here's. Now I know what [L&R=$20.00 - 1GB=1024Mb's]Standfor. Found what does it means - FYI +other acronyms as well, often used in the forum.  

I've more incorrect charges to add in this topic "A battle against unfair charges" But I might write another Post soon to review, past scripts-message & improve it in futures posts. Thks-again-xray   <ReaMe-soon>  "v9"

The future is unknown?
NightWing-Robin
Organizer
Holy Battlemania Batman! @v9 = Victorious for the 9th time?
v9
Rockstar

Welcome to TELUS' Forum "Hightwing-Robin ". Thank you for your comment. I like the 'Battlemania' word, but Batman isn't fashionable dwo. So it seems that, you've a good sense of humor (Y-N). I saw that NftoBc sent you the [KAPOW! ] image.This picture, would be handy for you to used as "Avatar-photo" Huuhuha! - just joking.

Hey! Newbie I sent you a 1kudos as friendship sample. Just remind you that thre're, some restrictions to comply. A quick review of Pros^Cons es advisable for members, when it comes to write post and receive answers. So again welcome to the forum. I invite you to read my post "How to deal, with rude contributors" hope you don't get into that. Be alert! N' <ReadMe-soon>  "v9" 

The future is unknown?
river
Coach

after getting my bill they charged me $15 for changing the account i guess its a new charge

as they are so upset having to go to 2 year contracts 

not really shure what to think  pretty slippery

xray
All-Star

@river what do you mean by "after getting my bill they charged me $15 for changing the account"? What did you change and what exactly does it say next to the $15 charge?

Edit: Just read your post in another thread http://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Mobility-Account/new-account/m-p/38392#M1708

You were charged $15 because you asked them to put your account on 6 months vacation hold to keep your number eventhough you aren't paying your monthly charges of the contract. This sounds reasonable to me.

" i guess its a new charge...not really shure what to think  pretty slippery"

You also posted in the other thread that you knew about the charge ahead of time so you shouldn't have been surpised to see it on the bill.

v9
Rockstar

@-river: Friendly message from "v9".. Please river do not use my posts to promote or express your, viewpoints, about your account problems, with Telus. I sympathize with your issues, but better create your own post for it. You might not realise about the consecuences, read the "Helpful tips" section of the forum when log in.

To the forum - Management. PS review the case & proceed accordingly. As you know it - I'm in 'Hot water' for other past due events, currently trying to rebuild my image, stained by some of my detractors. I'm responsible for my own 'Posts'  but not for those written by others. Contributors let's comply with the rules.  <ReadMe-soon.  "v9".

The future is unknown?
river
Coach

no i was charged $15 for a account change (that what it said on the bill)

that makes no sense to me as i never made any changes

i had a hard time getting a good  rate for them when i finally got i what would work for me

they charged me $15 for the change although the was no change

river
Coach

sorry v9 i seem to find this form confusing to navigate i apoligise for dragging u into

the intire mess it probablly best if i just turf my account as i feel as it really gets nowhere anyway

hasta luego

tsizzle
Ambassador

"i had a hard time getting a good  rate for them when i finally got i what would work for me"

Did your rate plan change?

Sounds like you were charged their rate plan change fee. Telus overhauled their fee structure a few years back and removed all of the random and confusing fees, they now only charge for things you can do online yourself (e.g. changing your rate plan).