$30 in sms charges for sending texts to US

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Ahren
Resident

I made this post because I thought they charged me for data overages when I didn't go over, but on further investigation, I just found the pdf.. the charges aren't for data, the charges are for sending text messages to the US.. I didn't know they charged for it... I thought it was just free north american texting everywhere now (as long as you're not roaming..)

Will they forgive this if I contact telus maybe? All my plan says is

SMS Unlimited

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many plans out there will include unlimited SMS messaging but that is usually limited to Canada specifically. If you want international texting, there are two plan add-ons Telus offers. One for $5 (100 messages) and $10 (unlimited).

You can try calling Telus to see if they'll be willing to do anything.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Plans page indicates unlimited nationwide for texts.  If you will be routinely texting the US or other international destinations, you can add an appropriate add-on found on this page.

Edit - stopped for lunch mid-message & @Nighthawk answered!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
BillTelusCust
Ambassador

Years ago, they did include texting to the US (but not the rest of North America).  However, this changed long ago.