cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e.Bill says Browser Unsupported (Firefox 29.0)

Bill42
Neighbour

When I try to access my e.Bill, I get this message.

TelusFFunsupp.JPG

I'm using Firefox 29.0 which is new this week.

Is it possible the Telus web page needs updating?

PS: This used to work with previous versions of Firefox. And it still works with Internet Explorer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nasty
Rockstar

Ebill is working again for Firefox(latest version is 29.0.1)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hippo
Leader

Hi,

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies in your browser? 

Here are the instructions on how to clear your browser data:
 " Click on Tools > Clear Private Data > Confirm Browsing History, Cache and Cookies are all checked > Click on " Clear Private Data Now '. After this is completed, please close your browser and trying bringing up a new page to try again.  

Hope this helps!

I am using Firefox 29.0.1 and get the useless "browser unsupported" error message instead of my ebill. It's time for someone at Telus to recognize that the problem requires URGENT attention.

I have cleared my cache, deleted cookies, disabled browser extensions, and tried two different computers. Nothing worked. We didn't have this problem before.

In an attempt to get help I tried to launch a chat from http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/contact-us/index.jsp only to get a non-functional chat window containing the message "Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key". I wasn't even given the usual opportunity to supply my name and question first.

It sure looks like somebody decided to roll out changes to the Telus websites without adequate testing.

What is being done about these problems and when can we expect a fix?

How do we arrange to have our ebills emailed to us until Telus fixes the problem?

I managed to reach Telus tech support by phone. I was told they've been receiving many calls from Firefox users that can no longer get their ebills. The problem is real and clearly not an end user problem. However, Telus is not yet acknowledging that the problem is theirs to fix and their development people are not providing any guidance to call centre folks. "Use another browser" is the only answer being given. Clearly it is absurd to require customers to acquire a new web browser just to interoperate with Telus. It would be better to switch service providers, so Telus needs to act quickly to fix this problem.

I also spoke with Telus customer care to have them email me my ebill. They refused, claiming that they are unable because of CRTC restrictions. Implausible, I know, but all I managed to get was a promise to snail mail the bill at no charge.

I urge everyone experiencing a Firefox ebill problem with Telus to call them at 310-2255 and request help. It seems they need more convincing.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See comments from George in this forum for possible clarification on the issue, but no real solution.  

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@ennjeoajat wrote:

I also spoke with Telus customer care to have them email me my ebill. They refused, claiming that they are unable because of CRTC restrictions. Implausible, I know, but all I managed to get was a promise to snail mail the bill at no charge.

I urge everyone experiencing a Firefox ebill problem with Telus to call them at 310-2255 and request help. It seems they need more convincing.

Sending a bill, with all your personal billing information, in email is not secure.  Anyone can intercept it at hotspots, internet routing, and computer virus.  Or if you changed/mangled your email address, somone else may get it.

It's up to the company's security policy and not the CRTC.

Many companies who will send an email with the bill in a PDF format. Still not secure, due to potential email account hacked access on any email provider.

CRTC/Feds pretends at eliminating $2 paper bill fee's.

http://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2013/10/27/2_paper_phone_bill_fee_in_crtc_crosshair...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/01/charging-paper-bills_n_4024882.html

Telus escalations. Rat out call center employees who comit Rogers/Bell style lies.  Enter time called and they should be able to see who you spoke with, if you have no name/number.

https://www.telus.com/order/contact-us/en/escalates.jsp

This 'browser compatibility check' problem is easy to fix.  Bad coding is trying to identify each version of a browser so the pretty page lays out for that exact browser version/revision only. 

I have the same experience as DebbieG now.

If I recall correctly, IE 11 worked for me on May 1, but now e.Bill says "Browser unsupported" when trying to use IE.

So now the e.Bill web site is broken for both browsers.

Just talked to tech from call center didn't seem to be aware others were having this problem since May. as shown on this website.I also had the same problem trying a Chat  it wouldn't allow me to scroll down to type in answer to representative

Two attempts at Chat  before I phoned call center

.Tech at call center didn't seem to know there were others with the same complaint on this Neighbour web site of Telus since May. Said he would call me back and he did in a few minutes. Said Telus had a team working on its web site to correct this problem re e-bill and should be resolved in a week.So it seems like they have finally recognized it may be a problem with the Telus Web Site.

nasty
Rockstar

Telus fixed it sometime over night of the May 2 morning.

Edit: I guess not.

The Telus page browser check tool is not properly recognizing the updated browser. A few more changes than usual happended to Firefox.

I am having the same problem and even deleted firefox and reinstalled.  I can't download or view my bill in IE either.  Has anyone found a fix for this.

nasty
Rockstar

Ebill is working again for Firefox(latest version is 29.0.1)

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Actually it's not. Tried it with 29.0.1 and the browser unsupported message is still present when trying to load the bills. Doesn't occur on login.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I think I may have an idea of why it's not working.

Default UserAgent for FF29: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0

Default UserAgent for FF28: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0

Default UserAgent for Chrome 28: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1469.0 Safari/537.36

Default UserAgent for IE 11 Win 7: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

The working browsers have WOW64 present in the UserAgent string. Firefox 29 does not.

I used a UserAgent switcher to change the UA for FF29 to: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" and I was able to access all parts of e.Bill with Firefox 29.0.1.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk wrote:

I think I may have an idea of why it's not working.

The bug came back May 28

I just change the Firefox user agent to Chrome browser user agent , refresh and it then loads.

And for now................................ Its working again

Firefox 29.0.1