cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account settings

Irishgranny
Leader

I keep getting a popup message saying"your Telus account settings are out of date".  Have checked my settings and can't see what's wrong....any ideas ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please ignore that user. They are a spammer and are deleted.

🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you be more specific as to where you're seeing that message?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It happens when I open my browser (GoogleChrome).  But...doesn't happen every time, just now and then.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What web page are you accessing when the pop-up occurs?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I'm not accessing any web page...this happens as soon as I've turned on the computer & opened my browser.  I just click on the popup to close it and that's it until the next time it appears.  I keep thinking there's something I should fix, but have no idea what !

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most browsers have a home page which opens as soon as you start the browser. You can change this in the settings of the browser. You might want to try changing this page to another for a while and see if the pop-ups continue.

NFtoBC

Will give that a try.  It just popped up when I opened CNN page...trying to confuse me !

Now it popped up on Knoor home page...not doing it on browser startup any more.  Yikes !

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is there any chance you may be able to get a screenshot of the popup? I'm wondering if you've possibly got some malware in there affecting your browser. Do you have any antivirus software on your computer?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Next step is to clear the cookies. Follow this instruction for Google Chrome cookie deletion.

It would also be interesting to learn where any links in the pop-up would send you. You can check without clicking the links in this manner:

Do you mean that you want to hover the mouse over a link and look at the bar that appears at the bottom left of the screen? 

"aha", I hear you cry , "but that URL bar is truncated and says news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/dg..." 
ok... says me, keep hovering your mouse and the full URL will appear without being truncated.

BTW, are you using Windows 10?  There are issues with mail on Windows 10 asking the same question.

NFtoBC

Yes....using Windows 10...guess I'm going to be stuck with it.  Lately only seems to appear when I go to CNN....guess it doesn't like the news !

What does this have to do with my popup problem ???

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please ignore that user. They are a spammer and are deleted.

🙂